Windows 10: Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I saw that somebody asked this about 4years ago already but they did not get any replies/answer so decided to ask again myself. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Box, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BOX
    Box Win User

Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

Hello,

I saw that somebody asked this about 4years ago already but they did not get any replies/answer so decided to ask again myself.

Is there any way of making a shortcut, pinning it to the Windows 10 desktop (not the taskbar/menu) and having it stay there no matter what happens to the other icons/shortcuts (such as auto-arranging)?
    If it can't be done normally in Win10 is there any third party app or program that would do it?

ThanksIs there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? :)

:)

2. kayjayw Win User

pin Facebook and Tumblast app to desktop?

I have downloaded the Facebook and Tumblast apps to my Windows 10 computer and when I right click on them in the list of apps, I can pin them to the start menu and the taskbar, but not the desktop. Is there any way to pin them to the desktop or create a
    shortcut? I **don't** want it create a shortcut that opens FB and Tumblr in my browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

KJ

kayjayw, Nov 20, 2018
  3. How do I pin the individual programs to the desktop in Windows 10?

Hello Jim,

There is a simple way to create a shortcut on your desktop. You can follow these steps to easily pin an app on the desktop:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Find the app or program you want.
    • Click on the tile and drag it to your desktop.

NOTE: If the Start screen in Windows 10 is enabled, you need to turn on the
    Start menu in order to create desktop shortcuts for apps.

You can follow these steps to turn on Start menu:

• Open Taskbar and navigation properties.
    • Switch to the Start menu tab.
    • Uncheck the option labelled Use the start menu instead of the Start screen.
    • Click on the Apply button.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

1. Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - pin something desktop

2. Is there a way to pin the desktops displays to lower taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to pin the desktops displays to lower taskbar?: I like to use multiple desktops but I hate having to click on the icon all the time or Windows + Tab. It there a way to have them display all the time on the bottom, but minimized as icons? [img] 123135
  3. Windows (10) Defender corrupted and will not run. Any way to repair it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows (10) Defender corrupted and will not run. Any way to repair it?: Windows 10 Home (Dutch). I went back to a previous version of Windows 10 while keeping my installed software. Before that I removed Avast software. Also used an Avast software removal tool (so it should be really gone, and indeed I don't see any traces). But somehow...
  4. Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?: Second time in 6 months Dell says a Windows 10 install will be required to correct issues from Windows 10 updates.I am really sick of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-there-any-way-to-prevent-updates/6b771c0a-ee34-4e30-9f48-cee24bef51eb
  5. Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?: I'm hoping you guys have some cool freeway apps or tricks around to help me out. I'm looking for a way to put specific shortcuts on the desktop, mainly to folders, but make them permanent, so I can't move them or delete them. I still want to be able to select, move and...
  6. Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?: Is there a way to Pin an object to the taskbar that when I clicked it, it would fly out a menu of shortcuts/programs I put in there? Kind of like jump lists for specific programs except it would be a bunch of shortcuts. For work I have a variety of tools I use throughout the...
  7. Pin to Desktop and Stick where pinned

Pin to Desktop and Stick where pinned: There may be a reason this can't be done or if it can, I have just not found it.*Sad Is there any way to pin an icon to a specific point on the desktop and make to STAY there? No matter what type of re-arranging is done to all other icons, I want it to be permanently located...
  8. Something messed up with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Something messed up with PIN: I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one, figured I could add it back. I go into Sign in options and it says 'Add a PIN' I click on that and it asks me for my PIN,...
  9. Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there any way to clone my windows 10 state?: hello everyone first excuse me if i posted in the wrong session i spent a while trying to know were exactly i would post this, also sorry for being such a newbie . I've been playing around on my computer trying to organize it and install multiple OS's and i was about to...
  10. any way to fix windows 10 desktop bottom row bug without dpi change?

in Windows 10 Support
    any way to fix windows 10 desktop bottom row bug without dpi change?: as the title says, ever since windows 10 i am not able to place items on my bottom row of my desktop. its very annoying and the only way to work around this is a dpi change, but not messing with dpi causes other issues with windows, and the new chrome update is now a issue....