Windows 10: Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I saw that somebody asked this about 4years ago already but they did not get any replies/answer so decided to ask again myself. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Box, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BOX
    Box Win User

Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

Hello,

I saw that somebody asked this about 4years ago already but they did not get any replies/answer so decided to ask again myself.

Is there any way of making a shortcut, pinning it to the Windows 10 desktop (not the taskbar/menu) and having it stay there no matter what happens to the other icons/shortcuts (such as auto-arranging)?
    If it can't be done normally in Win10 is there any third party app or program that would do it?

ThanksIs there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? :)

:)

2. kayjayw Win User

pin Facebook and Tumblast app to desktop?

I have downloaded the Facebook and Tumblast apps to my Windows 10 computer and when I right click on them in the list of apps, I can pin them to the start menu and the taskbar, but not the desktop. Is there any way to pin them to the desktop or create a
    shortcut? I **don't** want it create a shortcut that opens FB and Tumblr in my browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

KJ

kayjayw, Nov 20, 2018
  3. How do I pin the individual programs to the desktop in Windows 10?

Hello Jim,

There is a simple way to create a shortcut on your desktop. You can follow these steps to easily pin an app on the desktop:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Find the app or program you want.
    • Click on the tile and drag it to your desktop.

NOTE: If the Start screen in Windows 10 is enabled, you need to turn on the
    Start menu in order to create desktop shortcuts for apps.

You can follow these steps to turn on Start menu:

• Open Taskbar and navigation properties.
    • Switch to the Start menu tab.
    • Uncheck the option labelled Use the start menu instead of the Start screen.
    • Click on the Apply button.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop?

1. Is there any way to pin something to the Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - pin something desktop

2. Is there a way of pinning Apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way of pinning Apps to my desktop?: Is there a way of pinning frequently used apps to my desktop display? I know I can pin them to Startuseless and my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-of-pinning-apps-to-my-desktop/b24aeea7-09be-40ff-bf7e-f23dbc1cf8f8
  3. Is there a way of pinning Apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way of pinning Apps to my desktop?: Is there a way of pinning frequently used apps to my desktop display? I know I can pin them to Startuseless and my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-of-pinning-apps-to-my-desktop/b24aeea7-09be-40ff-bf7e-f23dbc1cf8f8
  4. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  5. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  6. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  7. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way to Pin PowerToys "PowerRun" tool to Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to Pin PowerToys "PowerRun" tool to Windows 10 desktop?: Is there any workaround to do so? submitted by /u/okweb1989 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx2xa8/is_there_a_way_to_pin_powertoys_powerrun_tool_to/
  9. Is There Any Way to Pin YouTube on Windows 10 Start Menu?

Is There Any Way to Pin YouTube on Windows 10 Start Menu?: Just wondering if I can pin YouTube as a live tile on Windows 10 start menu. If anyone know the trick please help me. Thanks in advance for all your helps.. submitted by /u/SHH19 [link] [comments]...
  10. easiest way to pin any windows?

easiest way to pin any windows?: easiest (1-click) way to pin any windows? that is another way of phrasing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghk9ka/feature_how_to_have_the_desktop_show_a_realtime/ that idea was found by 1 person on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pin something to desktop

2. how do i pin to desktop

3. pin to desktop

4. how pin to desktop,
  5. how to pin to desktop,
  6. how to pin something to desktop screen,
  7. desktop pins,
  8. how to pin something to desktop windows 10,
  9. how to add a app to your desktop on a microsoft computer,
  10. windows 10 how to pin to desktop,
  11. pin desktop,