Windows 10: Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

Discus and support Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates in Windows 10, except disconnecting internet? But than, after you enable it, still other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by empleat, Jul 18, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

Hey,
    is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates in Windows 10, except disconnecting internet? But than, after you enable it, still other drivers/software components install automatically and prompt from mouse drivers keeps popping up from time to time, i don't want to use them... I tried regedit/gpedit and everything i found. Nothing worked so far... I know about 1 thing, you can block driver installation, if you put driver id to gpedit. But that isn't solution for everything...

:)

empleat, Jul 18, 2020

2. is there a way to prevent automatic updates on windows 10 for a specific driver

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Yes, there is a way to temporarily stop a specific driver update from installing automatically. Please click on the link below and try the mentioned steps:

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Will there be any way to prevent automatic updates in Windows 10 Home?

I'd like to know, when I upgrade to Windows 10 Home (I have Windows 8.1, standard), will there be any way to prevent automatic updates? I no longer trust Microsoft with automatic updates, as they have bricked 4 of my PCs, for a total cost of near $2000.
    Also, the last time I checked, I was the one paying the electricity bills, and
    I was the one who bought the PC. If I have to pay that much, I expect at least MINIMAL control, and with the right to prevent automatic updates being taken away, a Windows PC is a load of sh**. I will NOT upgrade to Windows 10 Pro no matter
    what due to the EXORBITANT cost of it. Really, $99 to upgrade to a different version of an operating system?!

To me, Windows 10 is a GIANT step back from 7.

But anyways, my question is, can I prevent automatic updates in Windows 10 Home? I don't care if it's a Windows hack, or even disabling Windows Update. I just don't want automatic Windows updates!

Also, if I use the "Go back to Windows 8" feature, will the recovery partition also be reverted to reinstall Windows 8? And will all of my apps, etc. still be there if I revert back?

Thanks.

(Moved from Other/Unknown)

RobloxianWinnar, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

Disabling Windows Update only way to prevent Realtek driver from auto-updating on Windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Since you've done a lot of troubleshooting steps just to prevent updates, we suggest you to check this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

1. Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates? - Similar Threads - prevent automatic driver

2. Is there any way to reinstall a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to reinstall a driver?: I have an Inspiron 7570 and when I updated to the new windows 10 my touchpad stopped working. I tried to uninstall the touchpad driver and then restart the computer. That did not prompt the computer to reinstall the driver....
  3. Is there any way to reinstall a driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to reinstall a driver?: I have an Inspiron 7570 and when I updated to the new windows 10 my touchpad stopped working. I tried to uninstall the touchpad driver and then restart the computer. That did not prompt the computer to reinstall the driver....
  4. Is there any way to reinstall a driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent updates completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent updates completely?: Hello,I am working in a research lab where two of our computers are connected to instruments that require a specific version of Windows to run smoothly. Anytime there is a windows update, I consistently have to revert back, otherwise I cannot connect to the research...
  6. Is there a way to prevent updates completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to prevent updates completely?: Hello,I am working in a research lab where two of our computers are connected to instruments that require a specific version of Windows to run smoothly. Anytime there is a windows update, I consistently have to revert back, otherwise I cannot connect to the research...
  7. Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?: Windows 10 version 2004 I've done quite a bit of research into this and modified various items using gpedit, services.msc, etc., but I can't get the automatic restarts to stop. Now, I don't even get the notification. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?...
  8. Prevent automatic driver installations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent automatic driver installations: After upgrading my pc to windows 10, the os seems to install serval drivers automatically without notifying about the driver packages. I want to disable this feature and prevent windows from downloading drivers automatically...
  9. Prevent Automatic Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Automatic Windows Updates: Hi there, I am the (un)lucky owner of several Windows computers and I suffer from the ongoing Windows plague of inconvenient updates. Today, my Windows 8 **** up. It was in the middle of updating - still indicating 0 % updated - while I was about to leave and hadn't time...
  10. Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?: Second time in 6 months Dell says a Windows 10 install will be required to correct issues from Windows 10 updates.I am really sick of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-there-any-way-to-prevent-updates/6b771c0a-ee34-4e30-9f48-cee24bef51eb