Windows 10: Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?

Discus and support Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have used ReFs on my work pc because of it excellent reliability and then I used it on my external hard drives. After that i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex PWM, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Alex PWM Win User

Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?

Hello everyone,

I have used ReFs on my work pc because of it excellent reliability and then I used it on my external hard drives. After that i'm unable to read those on my home pc running Windows 10 pro. Is there any way to rend Refs volumes on windows 10 pro.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Alex PWM, Dec 18, 2020

2. Will Win 10 Pro ReFS Integrity Streams work after Creator's Update?

I understand that the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update removes the ability for Win 10 Pro to create new ReFS volumes but will still permit read/write to existing ReFS volumes. I have a 4 TB ReFS volume that has File Integrity Streams enabled. Will File Integrity
    Steams continue to function normally on my existing ReFS volume after the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update or will I need to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for Workstation?

MBarrett_641, Dec 18, 2020
  3. BTZ45 Win User
    Defragmentation of ReFS volume

Hello there everyone,

I have created an ReFS volume on one of my 2.0TB hard drives, all is well, there is just a tiny bit of something that is getting me to worry.

One: when I try to copy some files onto the drive the speed, occasionally, not all the time, drops to 20-40MB/s, the ReFS partition is Bitlocker encrypted, and raw read speed from the partition is near 200 MB/s

Two: When I go to defragmentation applet of my windows 10 (x64 1909 18363.657), it takes ages to even analyze the ReFS volume, and at the end it reports that the partition does not need defragmentation. While my NTFS volumes, even in Bitlocker encrypted state take only a few seconds, 2 minutes at most, to analyze for defragmenation.

Should I worry?
    What is wrong here?

Thank you all for all the help and work beforehand

BTZ45, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?

ReFS support for Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators update and forward

I cannot find the definite answer if ReFS will be supported on the Fall Creators update and future versions of Windows 10 Pro. I've seen a few cached pages of the items that are schedule to be deprecated and/or remove in the Fall CU and ReFS support was
    listed for Home/Pro but there is no mention of it on the current pages.

However, support has been removed from both File Explorer and FSUTIL since the Spring CU was release.

I believe it's been removed as there might still need to be features ported over from NTFS to support the newest One Drive; which is way ReFS support is not there for One Drive and I've heard there are memory leaks related to ReFS and Windows 10 Fall CU.

So, does anyone know if ReFS will come back to Windows 10 Pro?

awesmdiver, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?

1. Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro? - Similar Threads - read refs volume

2. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  3. Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019: Hi Team,Do we have a similar patch for server 2019 ?The update in the below link is applicable to server 2016 only.Update resolves heavy memory use in ReFS on a computer that is running Windows Server 2016 microsoft.comPlease helpRegardsSrinidhi...
  4. ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount: I have 2-way mirrored storage space that reads as healthy when the ReFS volume is unmounted. The problem is when I try to mount it via diskmgmt, explorer will hang forever with System using about 10% CPU forever. I've tried leaving this process running for 4 days and it did...
  5. Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?: There's an app which I use and keep running that plays a sound whenever I press a key (i like the sound and it gives confirmation of input) however it gets a little quiet when I turn the volume of my computer down. Is there any way that I can have this app ignore my volume...
  6. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  7. Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

Any way to increase the headphone output volume?: On my Android phone, I can root it and edit some .xml files in the system files to increase the volume. For example, I can even push it to the point of distortion ( not what I'm trying to do though) just by changing some values, no need for any hardware changes. I don't plan...
  8. any way to override the master volume control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any way to override the master volume control?: My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue. Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume. I tried a usb audio controller and even...
  9. Is there any way to lower the base volume of...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to lower the base volume of...?: Is there any way to lower the base volume of a pair of bluetooth earbuds connected to my pc? For some odd reason all bluetooth earbuds have their base volume up way to high, forcing you to have your devices volume at minimum. I know how to lower the master volume knob....
  10. Defragmentation of ReFS volume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragmentation of ReFS volume: Hello there everyone, I have created an ReFS volume on one of my 2.0TB hard drives, all is well, there is just a tiny bit of something that is getting me to worry. One: when I try to copy some files onto the drive the speed, occasionally, not all the time, drops to...