Windows 10: Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...

Discus and support Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a controller paired to my Windows 10 PC, and everytime I want to connect my controller, I have to directly remove the bluetooth device and add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShawnNitrix, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...

I have a controller paired to my Windows 10 PC, and everytime I want to connect my controller, I have to directly remove the bluetooth device and add it again in order to use it. Back in Windows 8, when I had a controller paired, all I had to do was turn it on and it would automatically connect. Is there any way to have a paired bluetooth controller automatically connect when you turn it on? Thank you

:)

ShawnNitrix, Jun 15, 2020

2. Reconnecting to bluetooth paired device

Hi, I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have several devices paired via bluetooth, including headsets, mobile phones and joysticks (game controllers).

In Win 7, the interface was much simpler - I'd simply go to the bluetooth device section, right-click the device and select connect.

In Win 10, I figured how to do with headsets (right-click the volume icon and select "Playback devices"). It is more complicated, but still works. The device was previously paired and reconnects successfully.

The problem occurs with other devices, especially game controllers. They're paired and work the first time. In Win 7, you would just turn everything o, right-click the device on the list and connect. That simply isn't possible anymore. I've been having to
    select to forget device and pair all over again.

Please tell me there is another way! Or else, the bluetooth on Win 10 just seems broken...

DanielKuhn, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Bluetooth devices will not reconnect after paired

After the latest major update to windows 10, my Bluetooth headset and my Bluetooth keyboard, after pairing, will not reconnect after disconnected. These devices have always been able to reconnect for subsequent uses even after original windows 10 install.
    After this latest update, they no longer automatically reconnect. They are both listed in the devices list but will not connect. I have to remove and repair every time. Thanks for any help.

jayanddeborah, Jun 15, 2020
  4. MrLymar Win User

Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...

Reconnecting a paired bluetooth device without pairing anew

For a couple of days now I haven't been able to reconnect a paired bluetooth device (an ipega controller) after I disconnect it/it disconnects itself (the device turns itself off after some time of inactivity to save power), unless I disable and then re-enable
    the bluetooth antenna from device manager or restart/hibernate and wake up the PC (so apparently the device will automatically reconnect again if the bluetooth antenna is restarted in any way). The device appears regularly paired and it even seems to connect
    for a split second (“connected” flashes on the status in settings>devices), but then fails. I cannot use “connect” from the action centre, since it doesn't appear on the list.

I have been using the device for around 2 years now and this is the first time I had this issue consistently (the device refused to connect a couple of times before, but it was a very rare occurrence) and the only thing that changed (that I can recall) is
    a firmware update for the SP4. My PC is a Surface pro 4, i5, 8GB RAM.

I have read similar posts where the suggestion was to remove the device from settings and then go through pairing again, this is however not a solution to my problem since 1. it used to work without the need to re-pair every time it disconnected, except
    for some occasional hiccup and 2. it means I have to have access to some other input device to the PC even in circumstances where I would normally use the controller only.

EDIT: If this is relevant at all, the same happens when using an external bluetooth dongle: pairing works fine, but it doesn't reconnect unless I restart/unplug & re-plug the device.

UPDATE: I tried with another PC (HP255 G4, running Windows 10 as well) with the same result. With an android phone, however, it reconnects normally.

MrLymar, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without...

1. Is there any way to reconnect a bluetooth controller that is already paired without... - Similar Threads - reconnect bluetooth controller

2. Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?: I'm running Windows 11 on my PC, all drivers are up-to-date. I frequently use my PS4 controller through Bluetooth but it appears that every time I want to reconnect to it, I have to unpair remove the device in Devices in Settings and pair it again. How did Microsoft fail to...
  3. Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?: I'm running Windows 11 on my PC, all drivers are up-to-date. I frequently use my PS4 controller through Bluetooth but it appears that every time I want to reconnect to it, I have to unpair remove the device in Devices in Settings and pair it again. How did Microsoft fail to...
  4. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  5. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  6. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Connect bluetooth controller already paired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect bluetooth controller already paired: Hello I hope you can help me.When I try to connect my Wireless Controller a second time, I cannot pair the device. I have uninstalled it, deleted the registry editor, reset the command and nothing, I tried to delete the events, but it does not delete and the problem persists....
  8. Connect bluetooth controller already paired

Connect bluetooth controller already paired: Hello I hope you can help me.When I try to connect my Wireless Controller a second time, I cannot pair the device. I have uninstalled it, deleted the registry editor, reset the command and nothing, I tried to delete the events, but it does not delete and the problem persists....
  9. Connect bluetooth controller already paired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Reconnect to an already paired BT device (e.g. headphones)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnect to an already paired BT device (e.g. headphones): I have a Windows 10 laptop with Bluetooth and I have Sony BT headphones already paired to that laptop. I use the headphones with different BT source devices. They remember the last device they were connected to. Switching them to another BT source requires active action from...