Windows 10: Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?

Discus and support Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/packetpinger [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/packetpinger, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?

/u/packetpinger, Sep 30, 2020

2. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black.

• I already set Default Windows Mode to Dark
    • I checked the box 'Show Accent color - Start, taskbar, and action center. I set the color to blue but the Start menu's background was not changed.
    • I have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    • Checked for Windows update and there was no update.

Interestingly, this only happened if I set the start menu to full screen. If it's not in full screen mode, the background was blue.

See imgur.com

TachibanaKyosuke, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Sep 30, 2020
  4. decimus Win User

Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?

Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu? [​IMG]

decimus, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu?

1. Is there any way to remove the black background on programs in the start menu? - Similar Threads - remove black background

2. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?: Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there...
  3. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?: Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there...
  4. Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?: Hello, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? My PC isn't compatible with Windows 11, as it doesn't have a TPM, so I got a theme but only the start button has moved. So, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that...
  5. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  6. Is there a way to remove the murky gray color in the background of the Start Menu?

Is there a way to remove the murky gray color in the background of the Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MaddyMagpies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcqpip/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_murky_gray_color_in/
  7. Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: I don't like having to open folders when trying to find a program from the start menu; all I want is an alphabetised list of every program on my PC. I tried moving everything from the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder out of that folder, however...
  8. Is there any way to make background color of start menu icon transparent or to remove it?

Is there any way to make background color of start menu icon transparent or to remove it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsv0qa/is_there_any_way_to_make_background_color_of/
  9. way to modify the Start Menu programs?

way to modify the Start Menu programs?: in Win7 & Win 8.1.1 (with Start8) I can do Start|All Programs|right-click and select "open all users." Then i can create groups of apps. I like to create UTILS groups that has lots of things, some i rarely use & might not recall the name of, a MULTIMEDIA that has a few apps...
  10. Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles: Title says it all -- In particular, Windows Update tile which was created by right-clicking on Update & security box in settings and selecting Pin to Start. The tile opens up the Windows Update page and I would like to rename the tile to say Windows Update ( or Win Update...