Windows 10: Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

Discus and support Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobHCom, Oct 10, 2021.

1. RobHCom Win User

Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there ANY way to do this yet? The reason is, I don't like how large it is, if it was a button leading to a menu that would be fine, but it just takes up so much space, even when you turn it off, that it covers what could be used for extending the pinned start menu items. Anyways, I really dig it so far, just some little stuff t

:)

RobHCom, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Leif♈ Win User

How to hide scrollbar section in Start Menu?

My Windows had an update yesterday, and now the start menu has changed. There is a new scrollbar section that makes the menu even larger than necessary. Is there a way to get ride of this, or to have it minimise as it used to be?

I just find it rather pointless to have a section to pin softwares to, if right next to it, it's already in an alphabetically organised list. In the top corner, there is a three-lined button that widens the left column - why doesn't this bring out the list
    of files, instead of the files already sitting there?

I cannot find find a setting to hied the list of files. I have taken away the recently added/used sections (I've actually turned all those options off) but it doesn't get rid of the scrollbar list.

Leif♈, Oct 10, 2021
  3. JPM1025 Win User
    Start Menu All apps section not customizable?

I decided to organize the All apps section of my Win 10 start menu.
    I quickly discovered that you can’t modify it the same way I did in Win 7, that is, I would use Explorer to modify and move folders and shortcuts in the folders listed below.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

The folders are still there, but don’t seem to affect the All apps section of the win 10 start menu. At least not the way I want it to. I made some changes and saw no changes in the All apps section. I tried to reboot and
    it didn't help. It also seems like Win 10 only allows one level of folders in the All apps section. In Win 7, I had a hardware folder and then lower level folders for the different hardware connected to my PC.
    Now I just have a single hardware folder will all the shortcuts for all my hardware and no way to tell which shortcut belongs to which piece of hardware unless it just happens to carry the name of the hardware. I also noticed that some of the shortcuts
    I had in Win 7 did not transfer to the Win 10 All apps section when I upgraded. I can add them to the tile section of the start menu, but I don't want to. They are rarely used programs that I would like to tuck away in a folder in the All apps section.

Is there or will there be a way to personalize the All apps section to add new shortcuts, and new folders? Is there a way to use more than one indentured folders? Is there a way to refresh the All apps section after manually changing folders and shortcuts
    in the Start Menu folders?

JPM1025, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

1. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu? - Similar Threads - remove Recommended section

2. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  3. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  4. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  5. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  6. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  7. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

"Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  8. Is there a way to remove the recommended section?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to remove the recommended section?: It takes up a **** ton of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-recommended-section/853387c3-b033-47cd-a2bc-285380f74b77
  9. Is there a way to remove the recommended section?

Is there a way to remove the recommended section?: It takes up a **** ton of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-recommended-section/853387c3-b033-47cd-a2bc-285380f74b77
  10. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?: Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there...