Windows 10: Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...

Discus and support Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\ without... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am trying to rename this because my current folder name is kind of a joke.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BilakshanP, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\ without...

i am trying to rename this because my current folder name is kind of a joke.

:)

BilakshanP, Nov 7, 2020

2. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\ without...

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\ without...

1. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\ without... - Similar Threads - rename user folder

2. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  3. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  4. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user: I misspelled by name during installation of windows and now i want to change the name of the folder.What is the possible way to do so ?Thank in advance- Sagnik Saha...
  6. Rename C:/Users/<name>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename C:/Users/<name>: How do I rename the above specified directory? I changed it through registry editor but after that my start menu failed and I've reset my PC. Please help me out with this submitted by /u/HarishRaj21 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to Rename user folder name ?

How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  8. Any way to rename user folder name without braking Windows/ program paths?

Any way to rename user folder name without braking Windows/ program paths?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JLChamberlain42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmoewj/any_way_to_rename_user_folder_name_without/
  9. How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?: I recently got a new PC built, got Windows 10 installed, and booted up my computer, but I noticed my user folder wasn't named like it normally is. Usually the folder is named as my first name, but this time, it was named zoatc. I thought I could just get away with right-click...
  10. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...