Windows 10: Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?

Discus and support Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mum and DadMarston, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?

I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how difficult it is to set up a Windows machine in a responsible way for them to use. I have removed Windows Store via Powershell, but it seems this doesn't prevent them from searching and installing apps from the search bar.

I want to be able to give my children access to a walled-garden of Internet content and nothing else, but this seems impossible. And now Microsoft wants me to register a credit card with them to authenticate my children's accounts?? I was uncomfortable enough when I was required to give them an email address!! They are only 8 & 5. Are Microsoft trying to make the world reconfigure their way of life to fit Microsoft system limitations?

Am I missing some fundamental benefits that someone can explain to me? I want my children to learn from access to a computer, not just sit and consume games.

:)

Mum and DadMarston, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Fonts and Icons Way Too Small

If the issue persists after following all the suggested troubleshooting steps provided above, and you've already submitted a feedback to the Feedback Hub, we recommend waiting for the response of our Support Engineers. We suggest that you check your submission
    from time to time to see the updates.

If you are at a halt on what you're doing, you can always uninstall the update that's causing the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Choose Update history.
    • Click Uninstall updates.

Let us know how else we may help you.

Jelo Sen, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Family Safety weekly report being CC'd to my children

Hi,

As the information of Family Safety Report are going to children by default, we would like you to do a refresh on the child account and see if the issue persists.

To remove/re-add a child account, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Family Safety using the parent account.

2. Click Manage list of Family Members.

3. Select the child account, and then click Remove. Click Remove to confirm.

Please refer the below link on removal or turn off the family features:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq

After troubleshooting, we would suggest you to add the children account. The reports will not be CC to children.

The below link will help you to add your children's account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

For more information on Family Safety Account on Windows 10, please refer to the below link:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue still persist, we would suggest to write back to us with the results for the above steps provided, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Hapuku Win User

Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?

1. Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now? - Similar Threads - responsibly manage small

2. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way too small . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've learned how, to put. Icon pictures, over folders.For example: Over my folder, of pictures.I have an, icon pictures. Of, a camera.But my view, is set to small icons. So my folders, are small.Which makes the, added icon...
  3. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Way too small . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've learned how, to put. Icon pictures, over folders.For example: Over my folder, of pictures.I have an, icon pictures. Of, a camera.But my view, is set to small icons. So my folders, are small.Which makes the, added icon...
  4. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?: I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures they would be upscaled without becoming blurry so they were easier to see. With Windows, it doesn't matter how large I make...
  6. Way to keep a small preview of any window on screen?

Way to keep a small preview of any window on screen?: As I stated in the title, I'm looking for a way to keep a small preview on screen of any window I choose, kinda like the PiP Firefox has for YouTube, etc. Does anybody know how to do this, as in an app or something? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/yaminme [link]...
  7. Is there any way to recover my windows now?

Is there any way to recover my windows now?: Long story short, yesterday I noticed my Windows Defender is missing. First thought was a virus stole it, which turned out to be true after using eset's scan - two trojans. I immediately knew when I downloaded them so I instantly went to recovery my laptop before the time...
  8. any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  9. Any Way to Automate a Response?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Way to Automate a Response?: Hi! I'm owning my private website dedicated to the FS franchise (Lessons In Microsoft Flight Simulator / Leçons de vol pour les Flight Simulator de Microsoft, http://flightlessons.6te.net/ ) and I often answer to the questions here about troubles with installing, or...
  10. App Windows are WAY too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    App Windows are WAY too Small: I have a two-month old Alienware laptop running Windows 10 at 3840 x 2160 resolution. Both Carbon Poker and Viber (those are the only ones I've seen with the issue so far) appear extremely small. Viber can be maximized, but the text remains the same super small size. Carbon...