Windows 10: Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?

Discus and support Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In settings, I can scale fonts and graphics up, which would be handy if I lost my glasses. But is there any way to scale them down? I found an old TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ekolis, Dec 31, 2020.

1. /u/ekolis Win User

Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?

In settings, I can scale fonts and graphics up, which would be handy if I lost my glasses. But is there any way to scale them down? I found an old TV lying around that I thought I'd try using as a monitor and now everything is huge, and I was thinking I could make better use of all that screen space by scaling everything down - but I can't figure out how! Is this possible?

submitted by /u/ekolis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ekolis, Dec 31, 2020
  2. RonKropp Win User

Windows 10 updates are causing font and graphics scaling issues

Problem Solved.

I found a forum where several people posted similar solutions, for font and graphics scaling issues.

I opened the Windows "Display settings" window.

(The font and resolution settings were correct.)

I temporarily changed both the font and resolution, then switched back to the original settings.

Signed out.

Logged in.

Scaling issues fixed!

Shutdown the laptop, then restarted, and scaling issues are still fixed.

Now, I remember, years ago, doing this exact same procedure on earlier versions of Windows, on my old DELL PC, to fix scaling issues.

Maybe it is some type of legacy "registry issue", that has continued to migrate to new versions of Windows?

RonKropp, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Hexodus Win User
    Windows 10 Font blurry 125% scaling

This is a window10 scaling method problem. There is a step by step manual on Lifehacker using a tool that allows you to switch to win8.1 scaling method. This worked fine for me.

Lifehacker Hot To Fix Blurry Fonts

Hexodus, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down?

1. Is there any way to scale fonts and graphics down? - Similar Threads - scale fonts graphics

2. Is there any way to fix a laptops graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix a laptops graphics card?: Hello so recently my laptops Lenovo Legion 5 button broke , and I took it to a repair center, my laptop didnt have any issues before my button broke so I was very surprised when I got my laptop back and had a weird issue , it turned on very slow then the fans were very loud...
  3. Is there any way to fix a laptops graphics card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix a laptops graphics card?: Hello so recently my laptops Lenovo Legion 5 button broke , and I took it to a repair center, my laptop didnt have any issues before my button broke so I was very surprised when I got my laptop back and had a weird issue , it turned on very slow then the fans were very loud...
  4. Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?: Intel probably recently did some changes in their graphics driver settings and now if your laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080, there's only one option available - Maintain Display Scaling.You can't select "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or any other option like you could do 1 or 2...
  5. Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?: Intel probably recently did some changes in their graphics driver settings and now if your laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080, there's only one option available - Maintain Display Scaling.You can't select "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or any other option like you could do 1 or 2...
  6. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  7. Any way to scale just a few apps only?

Any way to scale just a few apps only?: There's some apps that I use where the text is too small and it's fixed if I change the windows scale from 100% 125% but this also affects everything else on my computer... I just want to scale some apps to 125% while the rest of windows 10 stays at 100%. Is this possible?...
  8. Is there any way to bulk install fonts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to bulk install fonts?: Gee, thanks Billy, for making 10 completely useless. I want to install my font library, but I can't, UNLESS I install them ONE AT A TIME! Who is the moron who though that THAT was a good idea?! Yes, I really want to spend God Knows how long to manually install 2805 fonts,...
  9. The font appears yellowish, any way to fix this?

The font appears yellowish, any way to fix this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/MAOTHETOONG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi4e0v/the_font_appears_yellowish_any_way_to_fix_this/
  10. Any way to get better ui scaling?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to get better ui scaling?: Everything is so small, icons, text, firefox menus, firefox webpages, windows ui elements... So I set scaling to 125% and these problems get fixed. However, unlike in windows 8.1, now steam among a few other things is completely messed up. Their interface get huge and buggy....