Windows 10: Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image?

Discus and support Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know it was possible in older versions of Windows to run a screensaver like bubbles in front of the screen image, the bubbles float in front of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ibbygidge, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image?

I know it was possible in older versions of Windows to run a screensaver like bubbles in front of the screen image, the bubbles float in front of the page that was displayed. This appears to not be possible anymore? I would like to continuously display my planner on my monitor as I go about my day, but I don't want the screen to burn out. Does anyone know of screensavers I could download to do this? Or a windows setting to vary the colors or something so the screen doesn't burn out? (It's a Samsung LED monitor if that makes a difference.)

Edit: What I need is not just a screensaver, but one that lets the open window show through, so I can still see my planner page.

submitted by /u/Ibbygidge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ibbygidge, Dec 11, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image? :)

terrace, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    screensaver versus no screensaver

screensavers are a leftover from back when

A: screens burned images in

B: the technology to have the screen power off didnt exist

C: screens took ages to power on

it is a complete waste of energy (on the monitor, CPU and video card if its 3D) to use a screensaver in this day and age - just set the screen to turn off after 5-15 minutes. (and NO, that wont feck with games or movies - fullscreen apps tend to stop screens powering down)

ding. especially if its a 3D screensaver, its just ridiculous.

Mussels, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image?

Windows 10 keeps changing my screensaver

Now I have very bad feeling about competence of MS support in this forum... Since November 2016 there were no any useful suggestions from them.

ms_win_phone_no_more, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image?

1. Is there any way to setup a screensaver that runs over the screen image? - Similar Threads - setup screensaver runs

2. possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?: i am currently trying to setup up the carousel screensaver with a couple of company images as a screensaver.this has been working fine on old AD setup but now we are migrating over to intune and unable to locate the function via the templates.anyone got any ideas if this is...
  3. possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible to setup image carousel screensaver via intune ?: i am currently trying to setup up the carousel screensaver with a couple of company images as a screensaver.this has been working fine on old AD setup but now we are migrating over to intune and unable to locate the function via the templates.anyone got any ideas if this is...
  4. Is there any way to repair an image without use of /cleanup-image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to repair an image without use of /cleanup-image?: Long, long story short: I guess my computer just flipped out during an update. When I thought it was done and things weren't displaying/working correctly, I restarted it and now it doesn't boot correctly. At first, I could at least get it to unlock by letting it sit through a...
  5. Is there any way to repair an image without use of /cleanup-image?

Is there any way to repair an image without use of /cleanup-image?: Long, long story short: I guess my computer just flipped out during an update. When I thought it was done and things weren't displaying/working correctly, I restarted it and now it doesn't boot correctly. At first, I could at least get it to unlock by letting it sit through a...
  6. Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?: Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver? Like, I want to have it so that when I press Crtl + Alt + O it would trigger the Screensaver. submitted by /u/XTremeGameboy [link] [comments]...
  7. Any way to get an old screen saver to run on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get an old screen saver to run on windows 10?: I got this old screen saver from a waaay older version of windows, and when I try to run it on Windows 10 it says "This app cant run on your PC" any solutions? like converting it some how to a Windows 10 .scr? 174193
  8. Is there any way to copy taskbars in multiscreen setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to copy taskbars in multiscreen setup: So what im trying to do is copy my taskbars so i have tray icons and ShowDesktop on all screens but windows only shows clock on non-main screens 140645
  9. Folder of Images, any good screensavers that random and collage

Folder of Images, any good screensavers that random and collage: Hi, I am on the hunt for a quality windows 10 screensaver that can read a folder of images and run a screensaver that lays one image on top of another constantly... is there any decent screensavers out there? I have tried ACDSEE's internal screensaver (Not bad, but...
  10. I have an image of a Windows setup - any way to extract the registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    I have an image of a Windows setup - any way to extract the registry?: I'm not sure what I did with my backup of some registry settings. I do have an image of a previous state where I'm hoping I can extract the registry from there. It looks like I can get part of it via the system32/config folder but I don't see any of the user hives. When I try...