Windows 10: Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

Discus and support Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hai Im new here.. *Smile Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xxxSakura, Jan 28, 2016.

1. xxxSakura Win User

Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

Hai Im new here.. *Smile

Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it. It was easy to add comment then i had a bit trouble to get the comment getting displayed in the details pane...after playing with the registry for a while i got that solved as well.
    Now I ended up with a problem where the comment being displayed eds with just some 3 or 4 words with the remaining given in dots (...) and I get a full display of it when i hover the mouse over it, which obviously goes way in 5 seconds or so.

So what i need is to find a way to expand what ever that is shown in the details pane so that it shows the entire content in consecutive lines without being restricted to one line *Smile (without having to hover a mouse)

You might get a picture of it if you have a small details pane on the right and make it show your processor details when you open thisPC.

:)

xxxSakura, Jan 28, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 file explorer music duration

Hi Sari, in Windows 10 Pane, that functionality is not available in the bottom bar!

However the easiest way to see this duration info is to show the Details Pane

On the View Ribbon at the top of Windows File Explorer, click 'Details Pane, then resize the Details Pane to suit your needs

Then once you select one or multiple audio files, you will be able to see the individual or cumulative duration in the Details Pane . . .

DaveM121, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 1709 - File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?

Turn off the details or preview pane so it doesn't need to read any contents or show any details.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 28, 2016
  4. xxxSakura Win User

Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ? [​IMG]

This is what i mean, if no one gets it Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ? :p

xxxSakura, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ? - Similar Threads - show extended detail

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  4. OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane: Dear Microsoft and users, I noticed that, when you enable the Preview or Details pane while using OneDrive, Windows Explorer will "stop responding". There's probably a problem with fetching certain information form OneDrive files even when they are set to "always available...
  5. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  6. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  7. Details Pane not showing codec info

in Windows 10 Support
    Details Pane not showing codec info: Hi, please see my screenshot, my details pane is not showing any codec information. I had to reinstall after a windows 10 update killed my computer (update loop bsod - I can't believe updates are stilling crashing computers). before the details pane use to show...
  8. missing information in the details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    missing information in the details pane: As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows me every from its name to audio type, date modified etc..all of a sudden it no longer shows me what audio, chapters or...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119

Users found this page by searching for:

1. easy way to add comments to mp3 view details preview pane