Windows 10: Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

Discus and support Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuackingHell, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without having to run it as administrator as well.

Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/QuackingHell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuackingHell, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Jan 6, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

1. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? - Similar Threads - stop program asking

2. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  3. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  4. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  6. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  7. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  8. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  9. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop: I've just noticed this - I have a few programs that should only be run as an Admin - they have the blue/yellow shield. I In the past I right clicked and ran these from the desktop as an administrator - no problem, Now all of a sudden I find that I can only run these programs...