Windows 10: Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

Discus and support Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NRJ1024, May 29, 2020.

1. NRJ1024 Win User

Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt totally even from the context menus of start and explorer and so that I can have Powershell 7 as the one and only terminal in my Windows machine. How do I do that?

Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264

:)

NRJ1024, May 29, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 29, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove Microsoft.3DBuilder_10.0.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not have that
    package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    yea its saying it can't find the package here is the output from getxapp package

OneMoar, May 29, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just... - Similar Threads - totally remove Powershell

2. How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?: I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. I've removed Powershell 2 already. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt totally (even from the context menus of start and explorer) and so that I can have Powershell...
  3. How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?: submitted by /u/jdrch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwe2bz/how_do_i_implement_this_custom_command_prompt_in/
  4. No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10: Hello, No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10 ? Thank you Savvy108 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-command-prompt-and-no-powershell-on-my-pc/ec4f5172-b4f7-4970-ba33-aafadfb7a5cb
  5. How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?: I want to change PowerShell to the default Command Prompt, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-powershell-to-be-the-default/f08e9af4-d3f8-4a16-8fda-643088d8d3d5
  6. Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 all come shipped with Windows PowerShell out of the box. Along with that, it came the older Command Prompt which was a successor to MS-DOS Command line. But often the presence of two command [...] This post Difference between...
  7. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  8. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  9. IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell: Hello, I'm looking for a way to check PC's IP Geolocation by using command prompt or powershell (no scripts). I hope there are some experts here who can help me out. I have found a very easy to do it on UNIX systems but my main machines will be Windows 7/8.1/10 based....
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838