Windows 10: Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

Discus and support Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NRJ1024, May 29, 2020.

1. NRJ1024 Win User

Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt totally even from the context menus of start and explorer and so that I can have Powershell 7 as the one and only terminal in my Windows machine. How do I do that?

Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264

:)

NRJ1024, May 29, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 29, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove Microsoft.3DBuilder_10.0.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not have that
    package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    yea its saying it can't find the package here is the output from getxapp package

OneMoar, May 29, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just... - Similar Threads - totally remove Powershell

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?: Specifically, I want to turn on 'Colour Filter' with 'Greyscale' selected. submitted by /u/Secure_Height6304 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzkh81/is_there_a_way_to_control_windows_settings_in/
  6. In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?

In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?: I often use the command prompt in a deeply-nested folder, in which case the prompt becomes excessively long. Is there any way to shorten the command prompt, e.g., display only the last segment of the path or specify a truncation length? If not, I'd like to suggest that such a...
  7. In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?

In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?: I often use the command prompt in a deeply-nested folder, in which case the prompt becomes excessively long. Is there any way to shorten the command prompt, e.g., display only the last segment of the path or specify a truncation length? If not, I'd like to suggest that such...
  8. Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?: I know you can toggle one or the other, but it would be nice to have both. submitted by /u/NiceShoesWannaDuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5enf6/is_there_a_way_to_have_both_powershell_and/
  9. How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?: I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. I've removed Powershell 2 already. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt totally (even from the context menus of start and explorer) and so that I can have Powershell...
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838