Windows 10: Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

Discus and support Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SoshJam, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures they would be upscaled without becoming blurry so they were easier to see. With Windows, it doesn't matter how large I make the icons, the image previews stay at there native and very small resolution. Is there any way I can scale them up to see them more clearly?

submitted by /u/SoshJam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SoshJam, Oct 27, 2020

2. Does anyone know if there's a way to view "file info" while viewing images on the Windows Photo viewer?

Hi Waggener,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to inform you that there is no way to view file info while viewing images. It’s a step by step procedure. However, I suggest you to give your feedback/suggestion in the feedback.

Do let us know if you face any issue in the future.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

1. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger? - Similar Threads - view small images

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  4. Is there a way to view HEVC files in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to view HEVC files in file explorer?: I just need to be able to drag them about to move them and stuff. I can't even see the damn things. There's a "free" thing on windows store but all it did was let me see the HEIC images on my iphone, not the HEVC 4k/60 videos. I've seen people link me to this store.rg site...
  5. Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?: I have a hard drive that shows it’s contents on my desktop, and all the categories (music, photos, downloads, etc) all route to my hard drive without categories. I would like to know how to make my download folder visible in file explorer but not on my desktop. Thank you...
  6. Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer

Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer: I have a custom built PC (don't know if that matters) with:Windows 10 ProVersion 1809Build 17763.864 And I am having troubles viewing image thumbnails in the windows file explorer; specifically of .CR2 files. I can view the thumbnails of .DNG files and all the standard...
  7. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer: In some previous build (earlier builds of 1809 worked) I was able to see thumbnails for JPGs and PNGs at even the smallest icon sizes in File Explorer. Since I updated to the latest 1809, and then subsequently 1903, only perfectly square images show thumbnails. Non-square...
  8. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  9. combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor

in Windows 10 Support
    combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor: Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen? Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now...
  10. Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?: The back and up buttons in explorer are really small on screen and not in the same position they used to be in win7. Its annoying because there is loads of room in the ribbon above for big conspicuous buttons. Any suggestions? 10431