Windows 10: Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard?

Discus and support Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I move files and folders around a lot. Sometimes, I get absent minded and copy/paste the wrong file in the wrong folder, and this causes me a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CydroBlazer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard?

I move files and folders around a lot. Sometimes, I get absent minded and copy/paste the wrong file in the wrong folder, and this causes me a lot of confusion. Basically, is there any way of checking the last file I copied and was saved to the clipboard?

I know about the Windows Key+V command, but that only shows what text was copied, and not what file or folder was copied.

submitted by /u/CydroBlazer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CydroBlazer, Nov 27, 2020

2. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 27, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard?

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard?

1. Is there any way to view what file/folder I have on my clipboard? - Similar Threads - view file folder

2. Do I have any control over what files or folders are attached to the file explorer's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have any control over what files or folders are attached to the file explorer's...: I have found the context menus to be very useful. Their usefulness would triple fold if the user had any control over the files, folders or apps or whatever is revealed when one right clicks the file explorer. Ditto for 365 Office. Word, excel etc., all have right click...
  3. Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?: Let’s say I’m moving multiple files and/or folders from one drive to another. Once I’ve selected all the files I need to move, is there a way to know the TOTAL size of the selection before I’m actually moving them? I’m sure I’m missing something, but as far as I’m aware, the...
  4. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  5. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?: I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures they would be upscaled without becoming blurry so they were easier to see. With Windows, it doesn't matter how large I make...
  6. Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?: I have a hard drive that shows it’s contents on my desktop, and all the categories (music, photos, downloads, etc) all route to my hard drive without categories. I would like to know how to make my download folder visible in file explorer but not on my desktop. Thank you...
  7. Steam may have deleted all of the files in my downloads folder. Is there any way I could...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam may have deleted all of the files in my downloads folder. Is there any way I could...: I recently started using Steam again and I realized that one of my games had way too many addons so I ended up clicking remove all addons. I checked my downloads file an hour later to see that it was completely empty. I had some important files in the folder and I would like...
  8. View the history of the clipboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    View the history of the clipboard.: Hello, Is there a way to view the history of the clipboard without using the Windows key + V, please? Or can I change this shortcut? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-the-history-of-the-clipboard/f2885cf7-e8bf-44ce-9a4e-0c1e3eca7349
  9. Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

Any way to rename the "File folder" type?: I want to organize files by type but have shortcuts and folders on top. I was able to rename the Shortcut file type to .shortcut with the help of the Types app, which puts it on top, but I'm unable to rename the "File folder" type. Any way to change this type too? Or any...
  10. Viewing Clipboard Contents

Viewing Clipboard Contents: When I hold the windows key and hit "v" I do not get a display of the clipboard contents. I am using Windows 10 and a Chrome browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-clipboard-contents/4cdb418f-28b0-4d25-9604-7ef44ada10aa