Windows 10: Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?

Discus and support Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im trying to delete the metadata of a ton of wav files in lots of folders, Is there a faster way to do this than right clicking and going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Reshirom200, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?

Im trying to delete the metadata of a ton of wav files in lots of folders, Is there a faster way to do this than right clicking and going to properties?

I think I need a batch converter but I can't find one that does what I need it to do.

:)

Reshirom200, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with Windows Explorer not displaying the correct metadata for the .wav file. We would like to know if Japanese language pack is installed in the PC.

However, as this issue is related to the metadata of the .wav file being encoded in UTF8 for the Japanese characters, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on queries related to metadata of the file.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 1, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Hi オルソン

I am sorry, Windows does not support tags on Wav files by default, while there are utilities that can add metadata to wav files, File Explorer will not display those . . .

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Hi,

I have a wav file with metadata of Japanese characters encoded in UTF8. However, Windows Explorer doesn't display it correctly

Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files? f38948ff-ff45-452a-afc1-d209497db800?upload=true.png

But in other Tag editors (e.g. Switch by NCH), it can be displayed properly

Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files? 0e8d9e42-5e2b-487e-ae71-cd6ed0e21077?upload=true.png

My wav file has a CSET chunk (a standard in RIFF specs) which indicates the encoding needed for the metadata but apparently Windows Explorer doesn't read it. Can anyone suggest how can I adjust my file for Windows Explorer to read it properly?

Thanks

SanjoZepol1, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?

1. Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files? - Similar Threads - anyway delete metadata

2. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  3. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Gaming
    batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  4. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering WAV Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering WAV Files: Good Day, My laptop recently got corrupted and unfortunately needs to reformat and removes all of its contents.I used Wondershare Recoverit to recover SOME of my files, Including the WAV Files.I need those WAV Files to work, But Unfortunately they are corrupted,Does anyone...
  6. Recovering WAV Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering WAV Files: Good Day, My laptop recently got corrupted and unfortunately needs to reformat and removes all of its contents.I used Wondershare Recoverit to recover SOME of my files, Including the WAV Files.I need those WAV Files to work, But Unfortunately they are corrupted,Does anyone...
  7. Recovering WAV Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding: Hi, I have a wav file with metadata of Japanese characters encoded in UTF8. However, Windows Explorer doesn't display it correctly [ATTACH] But in other Tag editors (e.g. Switch by NCH), it can be displayed properly [ATTACH] My wav file has a CSET chunk (a standard in...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. .wav file not playing

.wav file not playing: I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmp wav header remove