Windows 10: Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

Discus and support Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CommonAstral, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?

:)

CommonAstral, Dec 6, 2023
  2. bazyeo Win User

Water Damage Indicator

You will find phone repair companies cite water damage as a way of getting out of repairing the phone under warranty. Here in Australia the telecom repair industry has been warned about using "water damage" as a means of getting out of their obligations.
    I do not know what country you are in but would suggest you take this up with the Consumer Affairs authority in your country.

bazyeo, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Carlo TJ Win User
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

Good Day Unknown,

What I can suggest for now to use a blower to dry the laptop then bring your device to a locale shop, yes water damage can ruin the hardware components of your device ,

For now don't charge until the keyboard is not fully clean from the inside.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Carlo TJ, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Anitrex Win User

Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

Water Damage Indicator

Its a "Rectangular White Sticker" located below your battery.

Its changes its colour depending on the water damage.

White-Little to No Water Damage

Pink-Moderate Water Damage

Red-Heavy Water Damage

Hope This Helps!!

Anitrex, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

1. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop - Similar Threads - anyway fix water

2. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?

I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?: I'm posting this here because I'm confused about how I fixed my PC. I had water damage on my PC making the trackpad and keyboard lose functionality. I let it sit for a couple of weeks kinda forgot about it and pulled it back out. The keyboard and trackpad were still not...
  4. MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME: Will I LOST MY DATA??? PLEASE TELL ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-water-damage-dead-help-me/8dd903e7-28e4-46d4-b6eb-221ef22e8838
  5. MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME

MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME: Will I LOST MY DATA??? PLEASE TELL ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-water-damage-dead-help-me/8dd903e7-28e4-46d4-b6eb-221ef22e8838
  6. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  7. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  8. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. water damage to laptop, need some advise

in Windows 10 Support
    water damage to laptop, need some advise: Hello... Today my Lenovo T550 laptop got damage by water and I believe the motherboard is dead now. What I like to do is remove the hard drive buy another used T550 laptop and place my hard drive into it. I'm curious will it boot up? The windows version will also be the same....
  10. Water damage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Water damage: So not really a Microsoft Surface or anything, but it is a Windows 10 laptop so I'm hoping I could get some help here. Last night when I was not around my (open) laptop, my water bottle had tipped over all over my keyboard. I found out a few mins after, during which my...