Windows 10: Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive

Discus and support Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The reason why this is an issue is because my windows drive is almost full and there's no way to change were steam puts saves and world data. So, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-mr_derp-, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive

The reason why this is an issue is because my windows drive is almost full and there's no way to change were steam puts saves and world data. So, i need to move the entire folder to my other dtive which has around 556gb left while my c drive has about 19. So, is it even possible and if so how.

submitted by /u/-mr_derp-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-mr_derp-, Sep 15, 2020

2. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive

Redirected my Documents folder to root of a hard drive, can't revert

Hello,

In an effort to save the space on my SSD, I started redirecting the "This PC" folders to equivalent spots on my Hard Drive. In the process, I accidentally redirected the Documents folder to the root of the hard drive. I am so far unable to revert this or
    change it to the proper spot on that hard drive. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Marcus Shepherd, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive

1. Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive - Similar Threads - anyway move Documents

2. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  3. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  4. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  5. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Documents folder from one drive to another: Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without losing files?...
  6. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?: Hello, my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy. Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my second hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can best do this? i've moved the minecraft folder before but then the main...
  7. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...
  8. moving my hard drive into another laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  9. Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated: My first post - I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in, apologies if wrong! After cloning and fitting an SSD (960GB) to my pc, I wanted to free some space up so followed the tutorial from here to move the documents folder to an empty drive (it's 400+GB in...
  10. Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD: My SSD is filling up (it's 256gb) and so I decided to move the documents folder to the D: harddrive. I changed the location under Quick Access to D:\Documents. The system created the directory and moved the files. However, before the move there were 54gb of files and 2840...