Windows 10: Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...

Discus and support Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a damaged registry and upgrade doesnt fix it and doing custom install cause my os to malfunction and now wont start windows at all and i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shaw-krow Däshsabè, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...

I have a damaged registry and upgrade doesnt fix it and doing custom install cause my os to malfunction and now wont start windows at all and i dont have bootable media. Why isnt there a way to just fix the registry without risking the computer not running again just to fix that.

:)

Shaw-krow Däshsabè, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Jessen P Win User

Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and... :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Mark0 Win User

Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...

Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Sorry, that can't work, because you're searching for neutral after quering without -PackageTypeFilter. That is: you retrieve only Main and Framework packages and then you search the ones with an undefined architecture.
    You should rather use:
    Code:
    But I would suggest you to query the registry as I suggested in my last post. That should be even better because you're not relying on assumptions on Get-AppxPackage. With a registry query you're asking Windows which Bundle apps it has installed.
    Or, if you feel like, try both and compare the results. *Biggrin
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...

1. Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and... - Similar Threads - anyway repair registry

2. Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?: I found out that my PC Windows 10 has corrupted files, I don't know how but I do need it fixed.The corrupted files stop me from even wiping/resetting the entire PC, so I'm out of ideas.I've tried sfc scannow, but it doesn't help, I can't use the DISM command without internet...
  3. Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?: I found out that my PC Windows 10 has corrupted files, I don't know how but I do need it fixed.The corrupted files stop me from even wiping/resetting the entire PC, so I'm out of ideas.I've tried sfc scannow, but it doesn't help, I can't use the DISM command without internet...
  4. Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...

Is there anyway to repair windows 11 registry without uninstalling all your apps and...: I have a damaged registry and upgrade doesnt fix it and doing custom install cause my os to malfunction and now wont start windows at all and i dont have bootable media. Why isnt there a way to just fix the registry without risking the computer not running again just to fix...
  6. Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing

Bonjour App not uninstalling or repairing: The Bonjour program is part of Windows installer Package on my computer. I would like to uninstall or repair it, but I get a message stating " A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I need help getting...
  7. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  8. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  9. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

10. Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling app that isn't on registry: I tried to download a new version of Quicken and the first step of the new version required uninstalling prior version. This step crashed and I've tried to manually uninstall Quicken but it doesn't show up on my app list to uninstall. I can still click this file to open my...