Windows 10: Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights.

Discus and support Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Someone I know bought a floor model from Microcenter and it apparently the store created a standard user account with no password for floor use. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amn70, Jan 4, 2021.

1. /u/amn70 Win User

Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights.

Someone I know bought a floor model from Microcenter and it apparently the store created a standard user account with no password for floor use. There is no other account showing on the login screen to pick from so he is basically stuck with the limitations of a standard user so he does not even have rights to Reset this PC. Aside from a complete reload or using a back door utility like the Offline NT Password utility I assume he is out of options as far as gaining full administrator control, correct?

submitted by /u/amn70
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amn70, Jan 4, 2021
  2. phynbarr Win User

Change User Account Admin rights

you've all been very welcoming and generous. However, your suggestions aren't solving my problem.

why can't I - as sole user of this PC - have admin rights to my own machine?

Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights. [​IMG]

the minute I select Administrator the option to change account type is greyed out.

Perhaps you can't in Windows 10. In that case, it is ridiculous

Thanks again

phynbarr, Jan 4, 2021
  3. FHMWinPC Win User
    Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

FHMWinPC, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights.

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights.

1. Is there anyway to reset Windows 10 if you have no access to an user account with admin rights. - Similar Threads - anyway reset access

2. Not having Admin access on an Admin account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not having Admin access on an Admin account.: Hello! I've had this issue for a bit but it was never really an issue till now. I don't have this issue when I'm installing an app. I was trying to set up drive sharing for an FTP server. And this is minor but I also can't turn on syncing for my account. I looked at a few...
  3. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  4. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  5. No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?: I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this in my user folder instead. I found no other solution than to allow full access to the drive in the "Administrator" account, my...
  6. Admin access to users accounts

Admin access to users accounts: Now that I've upgrade our main machine from xp64 to Win10, I am not trying to restore everyone profile stuff. However, even as admin I can't seem to access anyone's profile but mine. How can i access their profiles so I can load all their stuff back into them? It would...
  7. Don't have access to admin account.

Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...
  8. Change User Account Admin rights

Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...
  9. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...