Windows 10: Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Culery Jeffries, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way into volume mixer games load very fast on my PC will result in a massive, loud noise hitting my ears and damn does it hurt. I want to set windows so new programs start at 2 or 3 volume. Is there a way to do this, maybe a registry key?

:)

Culery Jeffries, Feb 5, 2023

2. How to set default programs in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand that you want to know how to add programs to the default list in Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you try adding programs to the default list?

• If yes, did you get any error code/error message while adding the programs?

Two conditions must be met for a program to appear in the default list:

• The program must have registered itself as being capable of handling at least one file type.

• At least one or the other program must have registered itself of being capable of handling at least one of those same file type(s).

Method 1: Follow the steps below to set the default programs and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Click on Set your Default programs and select the programs listed in the left side panel of the window to set defaults.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Close the window after setting the programs and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program option from the window.

• Click on the file type or protocol that you want to change and click on
      Change program.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Close the window after setting the programs defaults and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 5, 2023
  3. How to set default programs in Windows 10

How do I set Maple as a default programme when it does not appear in the list of programmes, even though its .exe file appears under Program Files in the directories Maple15 and Maple16.

Failing that how do I set a default programme for .mw files when this extension does not appear in the list, even thought it is a valid extension for Maple programmes.

RonaldCurtisKing, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

1. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - anyway set default

2. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  3. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  4. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  5. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  6. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

7. Set default volume at Windows startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set default volume at Windows startup: Last week i was searching for a way to set a specific volume on windows startup. I have literally been googling this for years but never found the answer Well... now i made my own little "Program" and i hope it's oke to share this here so others can find the answer to this...
  8. Set a default volume for launing programs

Set a default volume for launing programs: I know this has been asked before, but there wasn't an answer, so I'll ask as well. Is there any way to change the default volume of programs? My main volume is 4, system volume 0 it has noise otherwise, is that a Windows bug?, and I don't believe any application is higher...
  9. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  10. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...