Windows 10: Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?

Discus and support Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Or should I just stick with my Mac? That was a rhetorical question.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lexiphanes, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?

Or should I just stick with my Mac? That was a rhetorical question.

:)

Lexiphanes, Dec 10, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 10, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?

windows automatic driver install

whenever i uninstall my video card drivers and reboot windows will install some random drivers and wont let me stop it. ive checked off the option to not automatically install drivers in advanced system settings but it still does it. how can i stop this?

madswimmer, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself?

1. Is there anyway to STOP Windows from automatically rebooting itself? - Similar Threads - anyway STOP automatically

2. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  3. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  4. Windows 11 automatically reboots itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically reboots itself: I'm being plagues by wndows 11 automatically rebooting itself. Sometimes I get dumps other times the display just locks up with only the cursor visible on a black screen and I have to power off to recover. I've been going through the windows\system event logs filtered by...
  5. Windows 11 automatically reboots itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically reboots itself: I'm being plagues by wndows 11 automatically rebooting itself. Sometimes I get dumps other times the display just locks up with only the cursor visible on a black screen and I have to power off to recover. I've been going through the windows\system event logs filtered by...
  6. Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself: Why is Windows 10 rebooting itself causing me to lose work? Is it possible to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-10-from-automatically-rebooting/bfb5a8fc-5d65-4fa2-8e69-5885eba2de4e
  7. Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates: I'd like to know if there is any way an extremely easy way to prevent Windows from automatically rebooting itself during updates. Last night my machine rebooted itself causing a lot of work to be lost....
  8. Stop Automatic reboot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Automatic reboot?: How do you stop cancer feature automatic reboot after windows update or just stop windows update from running?And no, its not a solution just to be able to pause it for a month.And change Windows update service to manual will still run windows update at some point.Only tested...
  9. Windows update service automatically stopping itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service automatically stopping itself: I wanted to update my windows, but got the error 0x80070422 so I went to the administrative tools, set to either automatic or manual startup type, I start the service and after a couple of seconds it automatically stops itself, I don't receive any error or anything, on the...
  10. Stop Windows automatically restarting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows automatically restarting itself: I have a windows machine now for using 3D software and a few times now when I've left it to render over a 6 hour period I've come back to find the computer has restarted itself I've even paused updates for 7 days but it's still restarting, is there a way to permanently...