Windows 10: Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen?

Discus and support Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I use a 40'' Samsung TV as my monitor, which works for me because I use my computer from afar but not so much when I have to be at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EzzoMahfouz, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen?

Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen? y5ahXsN6TnKtDvnyd54fpLmtsDeItdF0CuBjYeoCheE.jpg

I use a 40'' Samsung TV as my monitor, which works for me because I use my computer from afar but not so much when I have to be at the desk. So I'm wondering if there's a way I can change the resolution or aspect ratio to downsize the display space from full to a more comfortable portion.

Here's a low effort paint illustration of what I mean.

submitted by /u/EzzoMahfouz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EzzoMahfouz, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Right portion of screen non-responsive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that mouse events are not recorded on a portion of your computer screen. We will certainly look into this for you.

Usually, this issue could occur due to a non-displayed notification that blocks the mouse clicks in certain portion of the screen. For better clarity, please let us know:

1) What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

2) Do you have any antivirus program installed?

Meanwhile, lLet us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Updates.

Make sure
    Windows is up to date
    with the latest updates.

Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install Display and Mouse drivers.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager and re-install it from manufacturer website.

1. Press Windows + R key to open
    Run window.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In Device
    Manager, expand Display Adapters.

4. Right click on the display driver and select
    Uninstall

5. Check the box that says
    Delete the driver software
    for this device. Click on OK.

Download and re-install the drivers for your computer from

Lenovo Support website

Method 3: Create a local account.

To make sure the issue is not user account related, you can create a new local account and check if you are able to use mouse events throughout the screen.

1. Select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts
      and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select
      Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select
    Next.

Login to the local account and check if you face the same issue.

There are instances where certain antivirus programs also caused similar issues. However, please perform the above steps and let us know the results.

We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen?

Cannot click on small top left portion of screen

Hi,

To help you with your concern about not being able to click on small top left portion of your computer screen, kindly answer the following questions:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • Do you see an unfamiliar application in the Task Manager running in the background?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your answer to these inquiries.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen?

1. Is there anyway to use a portion of my screen? - Similar Threads - anyway portion screen

2. A portion of the bottom of my screen, around a quarter of an inch, shows the top of my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A portion of the bottom of my screen, around a quarter of an inch, shows the top of my screen.: It glitches sometimes, and when I open Settings or other apps it completely vanishes. It only happens when I'm on a browser or on the home screen. It does not show up in screenshots, nor recordings. I have tried updating drivers, however that doesn't work. I have also tried...
  3. A portion of the bottom of my screen, around a quarter of an inch, shows the top of my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A portion of the bottom of my screen, around a quarter of an inch, shows the top of my screen.: It glitches sometimes, and when I open Settings or other apps it completely vanishes. It only happens when I'm on a browser or on the home screen. It does not show up in screenshots, nor recordings. I have tried updating drivers, however that doesn't work. I have also tried...
  4. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  5. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  6. Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen?: In Mac you can do it by Shift-Command-4. When you are done it auto-saves it with a auto-generated name (screenshot date time). However on Windows you have to first click on Snipping Tool, then click New, then when you are done you have to click on save, then give it name. So...
  7. Portion of Laptop Screen is in a different shade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Portion of Laptop Screen is in a different shade: Having a display issue on my dell laptop. There is a rectangle portion of my screen that is in a different shade of color. Noticeable only when displaying a shade of blue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling display drivers. I don't know whether it is a hardware or...
  8. Anyway to make a program “full screen” without actually using the whole screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to make a program “full screen” without actually using the whole screen?: I love things like Spotify in full screen mode, with the album cover, song name, and artist big in the middle of the screen, but I don’t like losing my second monitor. Is there any way to run as full screen but in a quarter of the screen or something? submitted by...
  9. Is there anyway to screen record my desktop with audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to screen record my desktop with audio?: I would like to record my desktop/screen with internal audio, using either game bar or skype. When I use game bar the screen record button is grey out and it would not let me record unless I'm in a game, is there anyway work around to this? Thank You submitted by...
  10. Right portion of screen non-responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right portion of screen non-responsive: Running Win 10 with latest updates Lenovo ideacentre AIO Y910-27ISH Desktop Approximately 1/6 of the screen, on the right hand side, is suddenly unresponsive, although displaying properly. The cursor can still travel there, and windows/programs can occupy that space,...