Windows 10: Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so back when you could still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free I took the offer. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 5ax, Jul 10, 2019.

1. 5AX
    5ax Win User

Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10?

Hi, so back when you could still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free I took the offer. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 but I found out that I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of the Home version. This has caused the "Activate Windows" (which I obviously can't with an 8.1 product key) to appear on the lower right of my screen and has blocked me form accessing some setting in Windows. My question is is there anyway to install a fresh version of Windows 10 Home and still use my old product key? There doesn't seem to be any 8.1 backups on my hard drive and I've tried using the media creation tool to make a Windows 10 Home installer but it won't accept my 8.1 product key. I'd really prefer not to pay another $100 for a new product key.

:)

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jul 10, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

I don't think that tool asks for a key if you are running the version of Windows you are trying to download the ISO for.

FX-GMC, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10?

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10?

1. Is there anyway to use a Windows 8.1 product key on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - anyway product key

2. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  3. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  4. Need product key of windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need product key of windows 8: Hi Team, I have my personal Laptop with Windows 8 Pre-installed in it and I would like to know the Windows 8 Key of it for re-installing. I would like to perform an update via boot, so need the key. Please help me with the key and find the details below:Product ID --...
  5. Need product key of windows 8

Need product key of windows 8: Hi Team, I have my personal Laptop with Windows 8 Pre-installed in it and I would like to know the Windows 8 Key of it for re-installing. I would like to perform an update via boot, so need the key. Please help me with the key and find the details below:Product ID --...
  6. is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10

is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10: sir , i used windows 8 pro genuine , now i replaced the motherboard Asus B560 And processer I7-11gen ,now i cannot install windows 8 on this board ,so i installed windows 10 pro ..is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10 ..otherwise how to activate windows 10, please...
  7. Need Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Windows 8 Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 I reimaged to linux. I am looking to go back to Windows 8 since I bought with Windows 8 can I get my Product Key or a New key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-8-product-key/03157af5-6363-463b-9843-98362f1ea03c
  8. Need Windows 8 Product Key

Need Windows 8 Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 I reimaged to linux. I am looking to go back to Windows 8 since I bought with Windows 8 can I get my Product Key or a New key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-8-product-key/03157af5-6363-463b-9843-98362f1ea03c
  9. Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question: Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (32bit). Couple years later I completed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (also 32bit). Now, I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from 32bit to 64 bit, however, when I am asked to enter the product key, I...
  10. Lost windows 8 product key to update to 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost windows 8 product key to update to 10: Hi, um a quick question for the forum users ,I installed the windows 10 technical preview back in February and I cannot find the windows cd provided with the laptop when I purchased it. The windows cd key was provided by toshiba so its an rtm version. There is no sticker at...