Windows 10: is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once?

Discus and support is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have many folders inside many other folders so its like this Folder1\FolderA, FolderB, FolderC Folder2\FolderA, FolderB, FolderC Folder3\FolderA,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXAnoobXx, May 10, 2020.

1. is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once?

i have many folders inside many other folders
    so its like this

Folder1\FolderA, FolderB, FolderC

Folder2\FolderA, FolderB, FolderC

Folder3\FolderA, FolderB, FolderC

and so on and i was searching for a way to zip many folders at once and i found this batch code for 7zip

for /d %%i in (*.*) do "c:\users\user\7za" a -r -tzip "%%i.zip" "%%i"

and it works fine but i have to copy and paste the batch file inside the folders to zip the subfolders

and i was wondering if there is a way to zip the sub folders only and leave the parent folders intact so it become like this when i run the batch

Folder1\FolderA.zip, FolderB.zip, FolderC.zip

Folder2\FolderA.zip, FolderB.zip, FolderC.zip

Folder3\FolderA.zip, FolderB.zip, FolderC.zip

i want it to only zip the subfolders

i searched online but every batch code i found did nothing at all

i have windows 10 pro

and sorry for my bad english

submitted by /u/xXAnoobXx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xXAnoobXx, May 10, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 10, 2020
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, May 10, 2020
  4. HaEnHa Win User

is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once?

Accessing IMAP Subfolders

The folders exist since the account was created almost 15 years ago.

Subfolders don't show up at all. Where are they supposed to be? In a flat list? Is there a way to expand the Inbox folder and show subfolders?

HaEnHa, May 10, 2020
Thema:

is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once?

1. is there are a way to zip many subfolders at once? - Similar Threads - are zip many

2. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  3. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  4. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Display issues, many all at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display issues, many all at once: I don't even know where to start... First my shortcuts on the desktop were moving locations every time I opened a new window or restarted my pc, then my task bar on the right-side monitor doubled in size, I tried setting that monitor as the main, that would fix that monitor...
  6. Display issues, many all at once

Display issues, many all at once: I don't even know where to start... First my shortcuts on the desktop were moving locations every time I opened a new window or restarted my pc, then my task bar on the right-side monitor doubled in size, I tried setting that monitor as the main, that would fix that monitor...
  7. The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?: Problem: I have few folder (eleven), each with several subfolders containing thousands of files. 100-300GB each. I would like to move all those folders, maintaining the structure, into a folder called "Old". How is the best way to do that, both for internal and external...
  8. So many errors at once please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many errors at once please help: So lemme start from first like I was using adrenaline 21.4.1 version for my laptop which was creating problems in Fullscreen games so according to Microsoft forums I downgraded and everything was fine until I found that my settings now never opened even the search keeps on...
  9. how to open everything in all subfolders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open everything in all subfolders at once: i have multiple subfolders under music, and i'd like to open all of the mp3 files at once to make a large playlist. is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-everything-in-all-subfolders-at-once/d7e6c6d2-c23a-4995-a75e-47daf068cf6b
  10. 7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file

7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file: I'm trying to use Ketarin to create a portable rescue drive. I'm trying to figure out a way to extract Complete Internet Repair with it's full structure, minus the main folder in the zip file which is named "ComIntRep_{version}." The main files and folders are in the...