Windows 10: Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

Discus and support Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried edge deflector and that doesn't work. I use duckduckgo for my search engine on FireFox if that means anything submitted by /u/AndreSun06... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndreSun06, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

I've tried edge deflector and that doesn't work. I use duckduckgo for my search engine on FireFox if that means anything

submitted by /u/AndreSun06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndreSun06, Jul 3, 2020

2. Can Cortana use Firefox instead of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

I just find the search box handy so wish we had firefox instead of edge for search results etc

darrylwelch, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Can Cortana use Firefox instead of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Original Title: Change Cortana to firefox

I know that Cortana will always use Bing! and that is fine with me, but I want to make Cortana use Firefox instead of Microsoft Edge. How do I change this?

THVKakashi, Jul 3, 2020
  4. EricBuist Win User

Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

Windows 10 stubbornly starting Edge instead of Firefox

Hi,

I'm used to starting Firefox by hitting the Windows key, typing Firefox and pressing Enter. It worked like this since years, and is quicker than searching for Firefox on the desktop, on the start menu or trying to click on an icon in the task bar. But now,
    each time I do this, I get Edge started instead! I then have to shut down Edge, retry, and then I get Firefox. It looks like the search is completely broken in the Start menu, because Edge doesn't contain "F" at all; typing Firefox should not, never, ever,
    match with Edge! It also regularly happens that starting another program by typing its name launches Edge instead, to perform an Internet search.

I searched many times about this problem and cannot find anything other than instructions to configure my default browser (already set to Firefox) or disable Bing but that doesn't work; the screenshots in such instructions are not the same on my system.

Is there any better solution than downgrading to Windows 7, whose start menu works correctly and doesn't search on the web or start Edge instead? I don't want to downgrade, as Windows 7 is end of life January 2020.

EricBuist, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

1. Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar? - Similar Threads - away FireFox instead

2. Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Inconsistent behaviour when using a Google search: . I have Edge 91.0.864.41 in Win 10 Pro. In the Edge Settings, I have "Google" in the option: Search engine used in the address bar. For years, even with Chrome, I ignored the Google search box, and started my search by inserting my pointer in the URL bar. I did that even if...
  3. Typing lag when using search bars in Firefox, Spotify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typing lag when using search bars in Firefox, Spotify: I'm using a Surface pro 2 laptop and for a while now, typing in the search bar will be super laggy. ie I'll type a letter and it won't register until 4-5 seconds for each letter. This is consistent in firefox and the spotify desktop app. Any ideas how to fix this? submitted...
  4. Edge crashes when google used as default search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crashes when google used as default search: When I set google to the default search in setttings/privacy/address bar, Edge crashes when I enter the 2nd character in the URL field. When I change it back to bing it works correctly. Win10 V 19041.388 Edge 84.0.522.49 161689
  5. Can't use Search Bar.

Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  6. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  7. Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead: I use the Firefox web browser as my primary. Sometimes, when accessing the Microsoft website, Internet Explorer opens instead. What gives? I prefer Firefox....
  8. unable to use search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to use search bar: Search bar does not work after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-search-bar/9cc6374a-a5fb-417d-b97d-c369b732db06
  9. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  10. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...