Windows 10: Is there ever gonna be a fix for updates Error 0x800706d9

Discus and support Is there ever gonna be a fix for updates Error 0x800706d9 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, whilst it would appear entirely illogical- we're after a work around anyway- it would help anyone answering this if you could confirm you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Aug 28, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Is there ever gonna be a fix for updates Error 0x800706d9

Hello, whilst it would appear entirely illogical- we're after a work around anyway- it would help anyone answering this if you could confirm you have precisely followed this which has worked for some people?

Solved Windows Update error 0x800706d9 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    :)

dalchina, Aug 28, 2016

2. Is there ever gonna be a way to print from my windows 7 phone or is there a way to do that now?

Right those were only 2 examples out of what is available.

I havent heard anything announced about OS functionality being added that would print the way you are asking about but that is not to say that it wont be added sometime.

And there is nothing stopping an intrepid developer from creating an app to support this.

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Aug 28, 2016
  3. txguy9112 Win User
    Is there ever gonna be a way to print from my windows 7 phone or is there a way to do that now?

thats only two not numerous and blue planet apps well that app doesnt even work yet and as for breezy print all that ever prints is the email address and not the actuall info on the page so thats useless also thats why i asked if there was ever going to
    be any better ones that actually do what they say they do

txguy9112, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Is there ever gonna be a fix for updates Error 0x800706d9

Have you tried this?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-wi...local-computer

Or you can let Windows Repair do it for you, un-select all repairs and choose only "Repair Windows Firewall".

And have you checked the event log? Sometimes it provides some usefull info, like:

TairikuOkami, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Private Win User
    Drop Norton to the zero. Check system files integrity. Turn on FW. Get the updates.

Private, Aug 31, 2016
  6. Jackske Win User
    That makes more as two months that I struggle with Windows 10 Updates.
    I have read all the forums but nothing helped.
    Finally I found the solution.
    Go to the site Windows 10
    Click "Update now".
    Microsoft will install a new version of Windows 10, without changing anything in your settings and all your programs will continue to operate normally.
    All your problems with Windows Update will be settled.
    It takes patience because it takes a long time. But it is worth.

Jackske, Aug 31, 2016
  7. bbinnard Win User
    Is there anything different/special about this method? I've tried all the standard methods for installing the update and they have all failed. Is there any reason to expect this one to succeed?

bbinnard, Sep 1, 2016
  8. Jackske Win User

Yes, the difference is that he will completely renew the registry and I guarantee you that all your problems with 'windows update' will be solved. All programs will be running fine and all your settings are kept; only the passwords are forgotten. You will have to reintroduce them the first time when necessary.
    The cleaning and installing of Windows 10 takes time. Don't do it when you are in a hurry.
    Good luck,

Jackske, Sep 1, 2016
  9. bbinnard Win User
    Aha! That sounds like something that might actually work. So I'll try it - I had given up on the upgrade until something new or different appeared; hopefully this is it.

But I will make a complete Macrium disk image backup first (of course)

And it might just reduce the overall size of the registry too - an extra bonus if it happens.

bbinnard, Sep 1, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    This cannot be true if all programs still work- including their registry entries. And there will be many user preferences and settings that are not overwritten- but some are.

Same applies to an in-place upgrade repair install- which is essentially what you are proposing.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2016
  11. bbinnard Win User
    Well perhaps, but my guess is the fix only changes the Windows part of the registry, not the User part. Even though the registry looks like one file is is actually 2, right? So completely rebuilding just the Windows part could fix any issues resulting from errors in that part.

bbinnard, Sep 1, 2016
  12. bbinnard Win User
    Well that was no help at all. It did the same thing I have seen before several times: completed the updates/reboots and then when it says something like "Your system will now reboot" the screen goes black and then shows "We are restoring your system to the previous version."

Fortunately this worked ok (like it has before) but it leaves a bunch of update files on my boot disk with no easy way to delete them. I've had enough practice with this to delete them myself.

I'm beginning to think I'll be on 1511 forever. Which may not be a bad thing; it works perfectly.

bbinnard, Sep 1, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

It would be wise to wait a bit- MS is working on some of the better known issues; 1 update just released.

You could- when ready- do a manual download of Win 10 1607, and upgrade manually.
    But take due precautions- create a disk image beforehand.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2016
  14. Trust me ..an in place update and *moreover a few of them* carries the risk of significant cumulative problems and deteriorating performance trends outside of a best practice clean install and should only be a last resort if your OS is not functioning well at all ( or you are casually rolling in winbeta updates or the AU ) and you are not doing a clean install with media on low level a formatted volume which is the ONLY very best way anyway and may in fact fix your issue or not but a windows OS installer exe quick format with media often works just fine also and I frequently roll in winbeta's like that including this one (14915 .rs2 ) from win installer media for a clean install last night .,.....it depends . .*really

electronuser, Sep 1, 2016
  15. Jackske Win User
    It is true because it worked for me. I am not making any speculations. This are facts.

Jackske, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there ever gonna be a fix for updates Error 0x800706d9 - Similar Threads - ever gonna fix

2. Fix 0x800706D9 Microsoft Store Error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x800706D9 Microsoft Store Error: [IMG]When installing some apps from the Microsoft Store, some users encounter Microsoft Store Error 0x800706D9 . Due to this, obviously, they failed to install the application. Various factors can trigger this error message. In this post, we will discuss them and respective...
  3. how to fix Error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix Error code 0x800706d9: I cant change my firewall settings to default it showing me this Error 0x800706d9And another one my Microsoft store isn't running and when im going to my setting apps/features i cant see the microsoft store there...
  4. how to fix Error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix Error code 0x800706d9: I cant change my firewall settings to default it showing me this Error 0x800706d9And another one my Microsoft store isn't running and when im going to my setting apps/features i cant see the microsoft store there...
  5. how to fix Error code 0x800706d9

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Error code 0x800706d9 is one of the many Windows update error code you might encounter when trying to install certain updates on your Windows 10 […] This article Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x800706d9: This error is preventing updates...what's recommended? RECOMMENED FIXES are for Windows 7 • Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows Insider Preview and Server Technical Preview x64 - March 2016 (KB890830) - Error 0x800706d9 Please help *Banghead 44308
  8. Windows Update error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update error 0x800706d9: So a few days ago I started having issues with Windows Update. It attempts to download but fails after a few seconds. I had security updates to Visual C++, as well as the 1511 Cumulative Update. I kept getting an error message for all three, something like this: • Cumulative...
  9. Can not update any app with Error 0x800706D9

Can not update any app with Error 0x800706D9: I got this error when checking update for apps after quite a long time. Windows already updated to latest. And Windows Firewall enable all the time (cause' someone said this is the reason but seems not) How should I deal with this? [img] 67897
  10. Error 0x800706D9: I cannot update Apps

Error 0x800706D9: I cannot update Apps: Hello, I have clean installed the latest Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, build 14393.10 After the clean installation I have uninstalled the Apps I do not need by using commands in PowerShell, from a tutorial from this site. For a couple of newly added Apps I used CCleaner Pro...
Tags: