Windows 10: Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

Discus and support Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Knyte, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Knyte Win User

Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB.

Forza Horizons 4 just came out.

Quote:

Approximate size 63.28 GB

So, as you can see, I have an issue.

Now, I can download the game onto my laptop while I am work, where I have access to unlimited internet. However, I would much prefer to play the game on my HTPC at home. (Not to mention, the laptop is a developer laptop, so the Quadro card isn't really the best gaming dGPU.)

With Origin, Steam, Uplay, and GOG, I can easily transfer files between PCs, then "download" them through their respective apps, they see the files already there, do a quick file check, and I'm good to go.

So, please tell me, there is finally a way to do this with Microsoft Store apps!

Please?

:)

Knyte, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Knyte Win User

I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB.

Forza Horizons 4 just came out.

Quote:

Approximate size 63.28 GB

So, as you can see, I have an issue.

Now, I can download the game onto my laptop while I am work, where I have access to unlimited internet. However, I would much prefer to play the game on my HTPC at home. (Not to mention, the laptop is a developer laptop, so the Quadro card isn't really the
    best gaming dGPU.)

With Origin, Steam, Uplay, and GOG, I can easily transfer files between PCs, then "download" them through their respective apps, they see the files already there, do a quick file check, and I'm good to go.

So, please tell me, there is finally a way to do this with Microsoft Store apps!

Please?

Knyte, Oct 5, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

Microsoft Store app not working

When I attempt to run the Microsoft Store app the blue box with a Windows shopping bag icon show for a few seconds then disappears.

I have tried the remedies suggested in post in this forum:

• ran WSreset.exe
    • ran INETCPL.CPL to ensure no LAN proxy
    • ran Troubleshoot
    • sign on as local users - I then had to go through the rigmarole of getting my Microsoft account back!
    • rebooted and started again

All other apps run just fine

MS Store runs on another PC but, of course, there is no way to transfer apps between PCs

Any suggestion gladly received

Bernard Liengme, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs? - Similar Threads - finally copy Store

2. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  3. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  4. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  7. MS STORE APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  8. File copying between PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  9. Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?: I can't believe in about 30 years of IT work I have not had to do this before. The company is concerned about the change in Oracles policy for Java, they want to avoid paying a license for thousands of PCs worldwide if they can. They want to make sure that every PC has the...
  10. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?: I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB. Forza Horizons 4 just came out. Quote: Approximate size 63.28 GB So, as you can see, I have an issue....