Windows 10: is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device

Discus and support is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tommydinwiddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device

is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device?

:)

tommydinwiddie, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Issues with Backup Windows 10 on external hard drive.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if external hard drive is corrupt or there is change in backup driver settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with backup the Windows 10 drive, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 12, 2020
  4. is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device

Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device :p

de.das.dude, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device

1. is there no way to set up backup for Windows 10 without external device - Similar Threads - set backup without

2. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  3. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  4. Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?: I don't want the files. just windows. submitted by /u/A_manR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyy73x/is_there_a_way_of_backing_up_windows_without_the/
  5. Backup/Sync to Usb external drive without Logging In

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Sync to Usb external drive without Logging In: Good day, This i my first post on this forum, hope i make a good job. I have a very simple network setup made up of three PCs running windows 10. One could be caller "Server" and the other two are "Drone1" and "Drone2" The drone PC's have a software that references to a...
  6. Set up Windows 10 device without restoring settings wallpaper, colours, languages...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up Windows 10 device without restoring settings wallpaper, colours, languages...: When I reset my Surface Go, after I set it up, some settings I used before restore. I noticed at least wallpaper and colours settings. How can I prevent that? I turned off synchronization of settings on all my active devices also on the Surface before I reset it, but...
  7. devices not setting up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    devices not setting up in windows 10: Just about all my devices that include my keyboard, mouse and gaming controllers are not setting up in Win10. The message under each device listed in settings is, "Setup incomplete because of a metered connection". I am not on a metered connection, so how do I get around...
  8. Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?

Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?: I have a Win10 computer with only store apps installed. Is there a way to backup the information about which apps are installed and app settings to OneDrive? So that these apps can be reinstalled automatically when I change the hard drive or replace the computer, after I...
  9. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files: Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files? I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused space, but it won't allow me saying it should at least be 460 GB free. I already backed up the files separately. I just want...
  10. Win10: How to set up external HDD to be used for system image backups

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10: How to set up external HDD to be used for system image backups: How do I set up an external HDD to be used for system image backups? For example, specify how many images to keep, schedule the backup, etc. also, can I use the drive for anything else other than image copies? 20398