Windows 10: is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer?

Discus and support is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Remote-Local [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjyq5/is_there_software_that_adds_thumbnail_support_for/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Remote-Local, Mar 18, 2020.

1. is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer?

/u/Remote-Local, Mar 18, 2020
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer? [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Mar 18, 2020
  3. ste0 Win User
    PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

In Acrobat Reader DC, go to Preferences > General and then select Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

This should show thumbnails in File Explorer. For some reason, my selection got turned off (not by me). Check your settings again. I have done this same step for numerous computers now, and so far they all work.

The first time you do this, Adobe Reader DC actually has a pop-up saying something like installing a add-on or extension. If you don't see this, then I suggest a reinstall of the latest DC.

4. is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer?

PDF Thumbnail Preview in Windows Explorer without installed PDF Preview Handler?

Can PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer (7 or 8 or 10) show the first page of the PDF file without having to install a custom PDF Preview Handler from Adobe or Foxit or from Tracker Software or from one of the other known preview providers?

Please note: I do NOT mean the specific File Preview pane in Windows Explorer where one can scroll through all the pages of a PDF document (which is provided by a PDF Preview Handler e.g. from Adobe)!

I explicitly mean the thumbnails inside the Windows Explorer browsing area when the Windows Explorer View Mode is set to THUMBNAILS.

If the answer is NO: Can you suggest a MINIMAL installation package for this functionality (thumbnails displaying PDF first page) without having to install Adobe Reader or one of those large PDF packages from one of the other PDF brands?

user1580348, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer?

1. is there software that adds thumbnail support for pdf, flv, and tga in explorer? - Similar Threads - software adds thumbnail

2. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  3. PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer: Hello Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎28-‎May-‎20OS build 19042.746 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 PDF APP: Nitro Pro, Sumatra, Foxit After the Windows update of mid Jan 21 and the update to Nitro 13.33 Pro the thumbnails of PDF...
  4. TGA thumbnails in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TGA thumbnails in Explorer: [ATTACH] I have some 32 x 32 TGA image files. Until yesterday, the thumbnails were being enlarged to match the selected icon size in Explorer. Then I changed them to open with GIMP by default. Now the thumbnails are being displayed at the actual image size, and changing to...
  5. PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....
  6. PDF thumbnails in windows explorer - available in windows 10S??

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF thumbnails in windows explorer - available in windows 10S??: I typically use foxit reader in order to show PDF thumbnail previews in Windows explorer. Is there something available in the windows store which will do the same? 121385
  7. support in windows 10 for .flv files?

in Windows 10 Support
    support in windows 10 for .flv files?: Windows 7 and 8 I don't believe had native support for .flv video files, does windows 10 and if not what is the best way to achieve this? TC 20585
  8. show length of .flv files in explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    show length of .flv files in explorer: It only shows the length of mp4, mpg, and wmv files. 50899
  9. Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs: Hey Guys, this is an odd one. I have a new Win10 machine which completely refuses to display thumbnails for PDF file types. I have checked the view settings in explorer, and also the visual effects settings and it looks correct. I have tried using Adobe Reader DC...
  10. Add DIVX and FLV to kind:=video

in Windows 10 Support
    Add DIVX and FLV to kind:=video: How to add DIVX and FLV extensions to Explorer's search result for kind:=video? 64626

Users found this page by searching for:

1. viewer pane flv