Windows 10: Is There Software That Can Add Virtual Dead-Zones To Your Touchscreen?

Discus and support Is There Software That Can Add Virtual Dead-Zones To Your Touchscreen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Pro 2 with a touch-screen that has broken on the lower-left hand corner. This causes lots of issues whenever something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theMrEl, Aug 18, 2018.

1. theMrEl Win User

Is There Software That Can Add Virtual Dead-Zones To Your Touchscreen?

Hello, I have a Surface Pro 2 with a touch-screen that has broken on the lower-left hand corner. This causes lots of issues whenever something capactive like my finger or cloth touches it. The only reason why this isn't posted on the hardware troublshooting forum is because I don't need help troubleshooting. I know how to disable the touch-screen using PowerShell or Device Manager. But sometimes I want to use it without only having to use my pen.

So I had the idea if there is a piece of software out there that can disable touch input on specific areas of the screen. To my best of knowledge and 10 minutes of googling I can't find any. If you guys know any kind of software that can do that or know any snippets of code I can use to manipulate the touch-zones of my screen would be really appreciated.

Oh, and also if I were to make a program like that. Should I make it in C# Windows Forms or C++? I guess that would at least be a right step in direction.

:)

theMrEl, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Eiyo Z Win User

Laptop touchscreen dead zone

Hello,

I bought an ASUS Q534U last month and it seems that a small column laptop's touchscreen has become a dead zone. It is almost completely unresponsive within that area, but may sometimes register if I move quickly enough over it. I've tried troubleshooting
    the hardware for a fix and recalibrating the touchscreen, but it hasn't worked.
    My laptop is under a warranty, but I'm in another country at the moment and will be staying for around 5 more months.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Is There Software That Can Add Virtual Dead-Zones To Your Touchscreen? 0b15d043-a056-4055-bb18-dd122fb90874.jpg

Eiyo Z, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Laptop touchscreen dead zone

Hi Eiyo,

We understand that you are facing some issues in your laptop. It looks like that this could be a hardware issue, but as you are in a different country, please visit the nearest Asus certified technician or support center and get the computer diagnosed by
    them.

Also, you can follow the Five things to try if your touchscreen doesn't work (skip if you have already done this).

• Re-start your PC.
    • Wipe it off. Use a microfiber cloth if possible.
    • Search Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input from the task bar and select the top result. Hit the
      Setup button and follow the prompts.
    • Search Device manager from the task bar and select the top result. Select
      Monitors and right click on the name of your monitor. If one of the menu items is
      enable, choose that.
    • Repeat process number four above, but this time choose Update driver software from the right-click menu.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 18, 2018
  4. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Is There Software That Can Add Virtual Dead-Zones To Your Touchscreen? - Similar Threads - Software Add Virtual

2. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  3. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  4. click "dead zone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  5. click "dead zone"

click "dead zone": So whenever I click on the middle of the screen the program I use clicks out and it is getting very annoying. I have to minimize the screen and drag it to an area where it responds.* Any suggestions would be a great help.Device specs: Version: Windows 11 Home, v.22H1. Dell...
  6. Touchscreen logging software

Touchscreen logging software: Hello Does anyone know of any software that provides logging of a touchscreen interface. I use touchscreens in an environment where there are frequently complaints about responsiveness, but of course, upon investigation the issue cannot be replicated. I am looking for some...
  7. windows10 with touchscreen software HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10 with touchscreen software HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS: where the hell are the HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS AS MICROSOFT LAKE OF HELP RUBBISH SERVICE NO WONDER THAT LARGE FINE IMICROSOFT DESERVES IT AND MORE...
  8. Can you Configure the Zones on your Desktop on Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you Configure the Zones on your Desktop on Windows?: Hello Everyone, I'm using two 27" monitors and they're awesome for having multiple windows up at the same time. However I was wondering if it was possible to configure them to more than just 4 zones per monitor? It would be cool to get some windows smaller than others...
  9. Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade

Audio dead, touchscreen not working, after upgrade: After upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 touchscreen stopped working, audio isn't working, battery icon doesn't show on the taskbar, and that's the things that I've discovered till now. Solutions on the internet haven't worked, Asus doesn't have a driver update for it,...
  10. How do I add a pressure dead zone to pen and touch?

How do I add a pressure dead zone to pen and touch?: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga laptop with a pen and touch screen. When writing it detects pressure on the screen even if the pen is not touching. This leads to all words and characters being joined with feint streaks (or large ones if the software doesn't do pressure). I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make touvh laptop dead zone