Windows 10: Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?

Discus and support Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a long time Mac user but use a Windows computer for work. One thing I love about my Mac is that I've been able to add text shortcuts into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrick Horgan, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?

I am a long time Mac user but use a Windows computer for work. One thing I love about my Mac is that I've been able to add text shortcuts into my autocorrect dictionary. For example, I have it set to that when I type "mye" it 'corrects' it to type out my whole email address. This applies globally, system-wide not dependent on a particular program as well as all my other Apple devices.I am wondering if there is a similar workaround in windows. I type a lot of the same phrases in documents I create for work, and would like to be able to press a few keys and have that saved phrase be inserted,

:)

Patrick Horgan, Aug 11, 2022
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Aug 11, 2022
  3. RickC Win User
    ¿Does this kind of application exist?

Have a look at Commonly used words lookup table with simple GUI - a simple method of a knowledge base based on words or phrases. Basically it uses a text file of phrases and a GUI to display them. A phrase from the list can be selected as the source then pasted into a different destination.

As an example I created a text file of 10 short phrases and called the GUI using F3. Then I selected phrase 07 to make the 'Paste' button active:

Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases? [​IMG]

If, for example, I had Notepad open then I could click on the 'Paste' button to insert the selected phrase into Notepad. It's a very, very simple tool but may be all you need. However, for something that is far more versatile, have a look at Lintalist.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Aug 11, 2022
  4. W1zzard Win User

Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?

1. Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases? - Similar Threads - kind quick shortcut

2. Problem with text insertion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with text insertion: I copy the text, then try to paste it, and inserts: C:\Users\yurri\AppData\Local\Temp\NahimicV3_CrashDump3-16-2023-10-19--18-17-10_.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-text-insertion/7ed5aa01-b8a3-412b-a825-e72f0a5d8012
  3. Problem with text insertion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with text insertion: I copy the text, then try to paste it, and inserts: C:\Users\yurri\AppData\Local\Temp\NahimicV3_CrashDump3-16-2023-10-19--18-17-10_.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-text-insertion/7ed5aa01-b8a3-412b-a825-e72f0a5d8012
  4. Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?

Is there some kind of quick shortcut to insert commonly used text/phrases?: I am a long time Mac user but use a Windows computer for work. One thing I love about my Mac is that I've been able to add text shortcuts into my autocorrect dictionary. For example, I have it set to that when I type "mye" it 'corrects' it to type out my whole email address....
  5. Any Kind Of Text Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Kind Of Text Not Showing: Hi, I reacently reset my windows11 and now it does not show any kind of text since last i restarted it.I had just downloaded java from the offical website so i dont think its malware that were dealing with here..Just for that ill provide a picture of the task manager.Please...
  6. Any Kind Of Text Not Showing

Any Kind Of Text Not Showing: Hi, I reacently reset my windows11 and now it does not show any kind of text since last i restarted it.I had just downloaded java from the offical website so i dont think its malware that were dealing with here..Just for that ill provide a picture of the task manager.Please...
  7. Insert text disappeared?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insert text disappeared?: When I right-click, I usually have the option for "Insert Text." I have several phrases I use often in this, as well as key information I need for filling out forms and such. Then today, it just disappeared. The "Insert Text" option isn't in my right-click menu at all. How do...
  8. inserting shapes and text boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    inserting shapes and text boxes: I've just bought a new pc and am dismayed that I no longer have access to any insert shape or text box functions. Is there any way I can rectify this please?...
  9. How to search for files that contain a text phrase?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search for files that contain a text phrase?: how can I search for a file that contains a specified phrase, but may be in any directory or file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-files-that-contain-a-text-phrase/5044fb8d-6db8-4d94-8f0b-2d7d4dd3a556
  10. Are there Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts for text/document manipulation to move insertion...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts for text/document manipulation to move insertion...: Hi all I recently moved back to Windows after using Macs for 20 years (can't believe it but I love Windows again!). One BIG thing I miss and have not found a way to replace are 4 keyboard shortcut for text/document manipulation that I used hundreds of times a day......