Windows 10: Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates?

Discus and support Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Because I'm getting kinda sick and tired of this bullshit. I move away from my computer for like 10 fucking minutes and the bastard has rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arcterion, May 17, 2020.

1. Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates?

Because I'm getting kinda sick and tired of this bullshit.

I move away from my computer for like 10 fucking minutes and the bastard has rebooted itself and I lost god knows what in the process, apparently completely ignoring whatever settings I have for updates.

I don't care if I have to mess around in the registry or whatever, please just tell me how to stop this shit.

submitted by /u/Arcterion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arcterion, May 17, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 17, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 17, 2020
  4. Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates?

Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates?

1. Is there some way to forcefully disable W10 from automatically rebooting for updates? - Similar Threads - forcefully disable W10

2. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?: I want to completely disable windows attempting to do updates unless i specifically click on the ''check for updates'' button myself.The only ways that i found to disable windows update end up breaking it completely and by extension makes me unable to download anything in the...
  3. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?: I want to completely disable windows attempting to do updates unless i specifically click on the ''check for updates'' button myself.The only ways that i found to disable windows update end up breaking it completely and by extension makes me unable to download anything in the...
  4. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disabled Windows forced reboot: I left my laptop on overnight and it has self reboot by itself. I knew there was updates from the "Update History" How do just turn off forced updates & forced reboot I have already tried many ways to turn off self updates. I tried some recommendation via youtube to modify...
  6. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

How to disabled Windows forced reboot: I left my laptop on overnight and it has self reboot by itself. I knew there was updates from the "Update History" How do just turn off forced updates & forced reboot I have already tried many ways to turn off self updates. I tried some recommendation via youtube to modify...
  7. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

8. How to disable automatic update reboots in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable automatic update reboots in Windows 10?: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) Even if you have pause updates, Windows 10 installs security updates. That is reasonable. However, it is not reasonable that Windows asks you if you want to delay the update and does not wait for an answer. Specifically,...
  9. Disable automatic reboot for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...
  10. Disable automatic reboot for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...