Windows 10: Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

Discus and support Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I was rendering a huge video in Vegas Pro 19 on my Windows 11 computer. This was a 4K video that would take some time 6 hours.So I went to bed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KristofferHolmberg, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

Hi!I was rendering a huge video in Vegas Pro 19 on my Windows 11 computer. This was a 4K video that would take some time 6 hours.So I went to bed and the next morning my computer was restarted. The render was therefore canceled.This is extremely annoying so is there a way to disable the auto restart?I also checked before the render if there was any updates. If there is no way to deactivate the "active hours" can you please fix an option so you can turn this off?Best Regards, Kristoffer.

:)

KristofferHolmberg, Oct 5, 2022

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Oct 5, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    auto restarts

If you look at your Update History and compare that with the time the restart occurred you could determine if you had such an update.

Otherwise have a look at your event viewer to see if there was a restart for other reasons.

Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates? [​IMG]

Consider e.g.
    Turn On or Off Windows Update Restart Notifications in Windows 10
    and more in the list of linked tutorials.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

1. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates? - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?: Hello!I've updated the registry in an attempt to prevent auto-restarts after updates. The instructions provided are these found here:Registry updateWindows 10/11:Open the Registry EditorNavigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsRight click on...
  3. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?: Hello!I've updated the registry in an attempt to prevent auto-restarts after updates. The instructions provided are these found here:Registry updateWindows 10/11:Open the Registry EditorNavigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsRight click on...
  4. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?: Hi!I was rendering a huge video in Vegas Pro 19 on my Windows 11 computer. This was a 4K video that would take some time 6 hours.So I went to bed and the next morning my computer was restarted. The render was therefore canceled.This is extremely annoying so is there a way to...
  5. Is there a way to turn this off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn this off: [ATTACH] This is in the setting and it's kinda annoying because I never use this stuff beside Windows Update and I also use Edge but that Web browsing thing and Reward keeps appearing. Is there a way to turn it off?...
  6. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  7. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  8. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  9. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...