Windows 10: Is there something wrong with my computer drivers

Discus and support Is there something wrong with my computer drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I made many posts about how my laptop is broken but I think I found out one problem. About a month ago some of my laptop's computer keys stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ellis Asante, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Is there something wrong with my computer drivers

I made many posts about how my laptop is broken but I think I found out one problem. About a month ago some of my laptop's computer keys stopped working. Right now I'm not sure if it's a virus because I wiped the hard drive of my laptop so I don't know what it is I don't know if wiping the hard drive gets rid of viruses but I thought it would. But, I got a USB keyboard to plug into my laptop. I was using it for some time and in the middle of that time, my laptop keyboard stopped working supposedly.

But, a few weeks into using my USB keyboard, my mouse and my keyboard would start acting up out of nowhere. So then I figured it was totally broken, but then a few days ago I tried to see if there was anything I could do then I figured out my laptop had been using it's keyboard by itself pressing keys. So I deleted a keyboard driver thinking it was the laptop's keyboard driver but it would still be happening.

I know it's not the keyboard because it works with other computers. I'm wondering if my computer drivers are just corrupted or unusable right now. I know getting a new keyboard won't help because it's the built-in keyboard.

The only keys my keyboard is pressing is the up arrow so far. I don't know if it's been or is going to press more keys. Any answers could help.

:)

Ellis Asante, Jun 11, 2020

2. Whats wrong with my computer?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 11, 2020
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Is there something wrong with my computer drivers

computer said to report to ms and media player thers somethin wrong

Hi Carol,

To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried updating your drivers?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Playing Audio.

• Hardware and Devices.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Is there something wrong with my computer drivers

1. Is there something wrong with my computer drivers - Similar Threads - something wrong computer

2. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  3. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  4. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. There's something wrong with my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  6. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  7. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Something is wrong with my c:/windows driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is wrong with my c:/windows driver: Okay I have a HDD in my laptop with a storage of 466GBThe problem is:Why is it showing 60.7 free of 223? If we do some math, 233 + 13.5 = 246.5, we still got 219.5GB left.....
  9. There is something wrong with my windows, or my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is something wrong with my windows, or my computer.: (Apologies for bad formatting or anything, I'm just bad at writing) I can also provide screenshots in the comments if needed. I've had this issue where I am completely unable to download this certain windows update (KB4586781), I'm not sure if it's important but the full...
  10. There is something wrong with my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is something wrong with my computer.: here again, begging for help because i am not the best at computer science. i know something about software but not too much about hardware. Ok so. Couple of weeks ago i took my ramstick out (8gb) and after that my computer has been working really poorly. The OS has been...