Windows 10: Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

Discus and support Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Back in the the win7 days there was a hidden setting in registry that used to control the speed of the transition animation of the desktop's wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EgyptionGuy, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

Back in the the win7 days there was a hidden setting in registry that used to control the speed of the transition animation of the desktop's wallpaper slideshow. But as far as I tried with this reg tweak on Win10, it seems that it cannot be done the same way as with Win7. So I'm here for asking is there anywhere on the web updated tutorial on how to do this with 10 or it's just gone for good?

submitted by /u/EgyptionGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EgyptionGuy, Mar 18, 2020
  2. drLaba Win User

Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

Thank you very much for the fast and elaborate reply Zackary.

Unfortunately none of the proposed actions did solve my problem, though all 3 ("animate windows...", "turn off unnecessary...", "show animations in Windows") do have an effect. They all prevent any transition animation while switching virtual desktops from
    happening - one desktop just gets swapped with another.

However, what I'm looking for is to have the drag animation like on Asus R541U (left laptop on the video I captured). It is really convenient.

It says that I have the latest version of GPU drivers. If it makes any difference I have two cards.

drLaba, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

I recently got to set up my sister's new ASUS R541U laptop.

To my surprise, switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 with the four-finger horizontal slide gesture on its touchpad was a whole different experience than on my ASUS K501U. I only experienced such "smoothness" before working on a Mac or Surface Pro.

Here's a short video comparison - R541U (my sister's) on the left, my K501U on the right:

Is it possible to get this smooth drag transition animation working on my ASUS K501U?

I looked on the Internet and what I found was that resetting Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing

Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ? xmKxp.jpg

should do the trick, but unfortunately it didn't. Disabling it did indeed prevent any transition animation from showing but I'm unable to get the smooth drag transition animation.

I would appreciate any help.

Aleksander Łaba, Mar 18, 2020
  4. drLaba Win User

Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

Thanks, of course, I did it how it should be (for each option) - I read what it says. And as I posted above - the options you described all have an effect (every single one, independent of the others). But unfortunately they "only" enable/disable the animation.
    What I want is to have a different (much better) animation.

I recorded the laptops to show what it is I'm after. Here (Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition)
    I found a blog post describing this feature (when it was released - according to the post it dates back to 2014).

drLaba, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

1. Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ? - Similar Threads - someway 'Increase Desktop

2. When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?: I have been waiting for over a year for this. MS Windows has been making a lot of updates that no one really asked for or needs. Please may we get the virtual desktop animations we've been asking for, for over a year. It's extremely hard navigating virtual desktops without...
  3. When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?: I have been waiting for over a year for this. MS Windows has been making a lot of updates that no one really asked for or needs. Please may we get the virtual desktop animations we've been asking for, for over a year. It's extremely hard navigating virtual desktops without...
  4. Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects: I turned off animation effects, it works and stops the Screen flicker with a desktop slide show. Is there any fix yet? because I actually like the animation effects and would like them to work....
  5. Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects

Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects: I turned off animation effects, it works and stops the Screen flicker with a desktop slide show. Is there any fix yet? because I actually like the animation effects and would like them to work....
  6. Windows transition animations gone after fullscreen games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows transition animations gone after fullscreen games?: Hello! I recently noticed that the windows transition animations (the one that makes everything feel so buttery smooth!) disappear every time I open a fullscreen game, like Dota 2 or even Stardew Valley! And it won't come back unless I log out or restart the computer. I'm on...
  7. Windows transition animations gone after fullscreen games?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows transition animations gone after fullscreen games?: Hello! I recently noticed that the windows transition animations (the one that makes everything feel so buttery smooth!) disappear every time I open a fullscreen game, like Dota 2 or even Stardew Valley! And it won't come back unless I log out or restart the computer. I'm on...
  8. Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app

Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app: How can you change the duration, motion, etc.., for all slides across the board for all. Or do you have to do them individually? ***Title modified from Photos duration, motion, etc.***...
  9. Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation: I recently got to set up my sister's new ASUS R541U laptop. To my surprise, switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 with the four-finger horizontal slide gesture on its touchpad was a whole different experience than on my ASUS K501U. I only experienced such...
  10. slideshow transition effect not working in win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    slideshow transition effect not working in win10: hi im having trouble with my background slide show. first there is no smooth transition when changing pictures and i've checked ease of access & system for the animation options. also it doesn't change all pictures at the same time i have 4 monitors and it only changes on 1...