Windows 10: Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes?

Discus and support Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there somewhere I can safely and easily download old versions of sticky notes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MVXport, Nov 18, 2019.

1. MVXport Win User

Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes?

Is there somewhere I can safely and easily download old versions of sticky notes?

:)

MVXport, Nov 18, 2019

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes?

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes?

1. Is there somewhere I can download old versions of sticky notes? - Similar Threads - somewhere download old

2. Sticky notes won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky notes won't download: Sticky notes won't download from the Microsoft app store. I used to have it on my Windows 10 OS, but when I got my computer fixed from a strange incident, sticky notes would no longer open, and I when I clicked on the app to download it from the store, a blank window would...
  3. Sticky notes won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes won't download: Sticky notes won't download from the Microsoft app store. I used to have it on my Windows 10 OS, but when I got my computer fixed from a strange incident, sticky notes would no longer open, and I when I clicked on the app to download it from the store, a blank window would...
  4. Sticky notes won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old sticky notes not visible

Old sticky notes not visible: Hi there, I had old sticky notes app installed on my laptop with Windows 10 and got updated to Sticky notes 3.0 but not able to see the previous notes. These are available within following folder though. Not sure how can I get the sticky notes copied from below location...
  6. How to Download Sticky Notes

How to Download Sticky Notes: Trying to download sticky notes program but get no reply from site. Where is it? Where can I download it? Am I missing something? Need it on PC. [Original Title: sticky notes]...
  7. downloading sticky notes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading sticky notes: I've been trying to download the sticky notes app but after 90% it stops and details say there is an err code #0x80040154 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-sticky-notes/355f2659-328d-442d-b485-be0806bdf2e3
  8. can sticky note be hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can sticky note be hacked?: a few days ago I woke up and my computer had no background all black clock was missing , so I shut down and restarted.. when it loaded back in sticky notes looked different so I closed it and reopened it , nothing .. I looked closer at the note and there was this wrote on the...
  9. Can I download the old Windows icons from somewhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download the old Windows icons from somewhere?: Kind of a silly question but, I have like a all white theme going on in my task bar where I used to have an array of 8 icons that were all white, now with the latest update the default mail icon got updated and I cant find any legacy version of it nor any online archives that...
  10. UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES: HOW DOW I UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-old-sticky-notes-to-new-sticky-notes/62700545-b239-49ff-a9c3-a43ce1e4435a