Windows 10: Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update?

Discus and support Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Regedit or that group... thing is not working anymore. submitted by /u/AndrewIsBest69 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndrewIsBest69, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update?

/u/AndrewIsBest69, Mar 1, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Mar 1, 2021
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update?

Windows 10 October 2020 update

Hi Clayton,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

October 2020 update is in the last phase of testing as it was released last month to the Release preview channel. As far as the name goes, it should release this month.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home and the top of this forum for announcements.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update?

1. Is there still a way to disable Defender after the October 2020 update? - Similar Threads - still disable Defender

2. Windows Update October 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. BSOD after pushed october 2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after pushed october 2020 update: Hello All i have an interesting situation... I was working away as per normal on my Toshiba intel I7 P70 laptop and time had come to pack away and go home. FYI my update setting are set to 365 days for feature update and 30 days for quality update I was going to shut down...
  4. Trouble with October 2020 Update

Trouble with October 2020 Update: I am having trouble installing this windows update. I don't think my problems match any other thread I've found, but its possible I've missed something. Current Version: Windows 10 Home - Version 2004, Build 19041.508 - x64 Trying to install October 2020 Build - KB4579311...
  5. Can't disable Noise Cancelling on Windows 10 2020 October Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Noise Cancelling on Windows 10 2020 October Update: Just installed the new update. I use voice recorder and a simple pc microphone to record quick demos and ideas on the go. The problem is that usually my guitar is being recognized as noise and I get nasty fluctuations between it and my vocals. I always disable the noise...
  6. Windows October 2020 Update disabled MS Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows October 2020 Update disabled MS Word.: I installed Windows 10 October 2020 update early morning 10/16/20. I can no longer open Word. X Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" Do I need to roll back the update or is there a...
  7. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  8. Cumulative updates - October 2020

Cumulative updates - October 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 Build 19041.572 Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Windows 10 versions...
  9. Windows Defender still active after disabling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender still active after disabling: I have to go through this everytime I have to refresh Windows 10. Windows Defender is the absolute worst piece of malware I've ever encountered. Every attempt I make to disable it, it keeps coming back like a bad case of acne. I do not want, nor do I need, any type of...
  10. Windows Defender still active after disabling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender still active after disabling: I have to go through this everytime I have to refresh Windows 10. Windows Defender is the absolute worst piece of malware I've ever encountered. Every attempt I make to disable it, it keeps coming back like a bad case of acne. I do not want, nor do I need, any type of...