Windows 10: Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!?

Discus and support Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, since SMB via Internet is too slow and to hacker-attracting I gave WebDAV another shot... Well it seems that not much has changed since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TommyL2000, May 12, 2020.

1. Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!?

Dear all,

since SMB via Internet is too slow and to hacker-attracting I gave WebDAV another shot...

Well it seems that not much has changed since Windows 7. It seems that there is still the 4GB max file size limit and uploads with files larger than that fail, can this really be true?

It is always the same 99% done, then it takes a while probably because there is an upload cache and after that I get a dialog telling me "The destination already has a file named ..." see picture.

Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!? 8ea76216-6bd0-407e-aa41-0cac28a49318?upload=true.png

of course there is no file named like that in the destination. After clicking replace there is an unexpected error 0x80070021 - a portion of the file has been locked see next picture.

Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!? 3d7ff9fb-0231-444d-8042-93fefef92d06?upload=true.png

Reducing the filesize below 4GB "solves" the problem, but this is not really a solution.

Does anybody have a good idea? Hints are welcome.

Greetings

Tom

:)

TommyL2000, May 12, 2020
  2. g3gg0 Win User

15 Mo File size limit for WebDav transfer on N8 ?

I coded a simple and small WebDAV server (http://www..de/wordpress/projects/webdavserver/) and face the same problem It seems the maximum file size is limited by file
    manager depending on free space on C. Any developer an idea how to disable caching for WebDAV files or how to move the cache to E? BR,

g3gg0, May 12, 2020
  3. 15 Mo File size limit for WebDav transfer on N8 ?

I am trying to copy a numebr of files to my N8 via a webDAV server I installed on my netbook. Worked fine until reaching the largest file, but that one won't work. 2.3MB! Looks like that, a crazy size limit. That is so frustrating. Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!? :(

divide_by_zero, May 12, 2020
  4. Guiguibox Win User

Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!?

15 Mo File size limit for WebDav transfer on N8 ?

Guiguibox, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!?

1. Is there still a WebDAV max file size limit of 4GB in Windows 10?!? - Similar Threads - still WebDAV max

2. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  3. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  4. Is OneDrive file size limit 100GB or 250GB?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is OneDrive file size limit 100GB or 250GB?: My wife has a 136GB file in a OneDrive folder. I just tried uploading a large file to OneDrive using the web interface and got an error saying the maximum file size must be less than 100GB. Are these limits correct for OneDrive on the PC and the OneDrive web...
  5. Paging file size in windows 10 for 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paging file size in windows 10 for 4GB RAM.: Hi, What will happen if I exceed recommended paging file size in windows 10 ? Will it cause harm to my pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paging-file-size-in-windows-10-for-4gb-ram/abc100de-06c5-42b8-a3d1-0aa8d6bc59c7
  6. What is the file size limit for Windows 10, Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the file size limit for Windows 10, Mail: I'm trying to send a pdf file to a vendor for review. After sending it dumped my email an attachment into the draft folder and displayed a message to check for correct spelling of the contact email address or file size is too large. What is the attachment file size limit?...
  7. Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?: [ATTACH] While set to \"Extra Large Icons\", the Thumbnail size remains the same as \"Large Icons\" while spacing simply grows I have performed the following: Did the obvious File Explorer->View Ribbon->Extra Large Icons but all it does is change the size of spacing...
  8. Is the max limit 50?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the max limit 50?: As you can see in the picture here, the number in Definition Update category never goes beyond 50 and so I have to check if any update is even getting installed or not. So, is the limit 50? [img] 144037
  9. Outlook Data File Size Limit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Data File Size Limit: I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 that has reached its size limit of 2GB. If I import it into a newer version of Outlook will I be able to continue with that data file? If not, is there a way I can increase the size limit? Thanks. 121736
  10. RECOMMENDED PAGE FILE SIZE FOR 4GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RECOMMENDED PAGE FILE SIZE FOR 4GB RAM: Anyone point me in the right direction on a read about this please. TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommended-page-file-size-for-4gb-ram/3c3bc12e-71fe-4447-a87b-046de76fbfb3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 webdav 4g linlmited

2. webdav 4g limit exceeded

3. 시놀로지 webdav 오류 0x80070021

4. webdav 4gb restriction,
  5. win10 webdav file sizes 4g limited,
  6. webdav max file size windows 10,
  7. windows webdav 4gb limit,
  8. webdav 4gb limit