Windows 10: Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?

Discus and support Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I looked on the internet and on Amazon and couldn't seem to find one for a Windows PC desktop. Maybe it goes by a different name. But, I'm looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CerebralFreeze, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?

I looked on the internet and on Amazon and couldn't seem to find one for a Windows PC desktop. Maybe it goes by a different name. But, I'm looking for a USB hub that I can connect my keyboard, mouse, VOIP phone, and phone for data, all at once.

I seemed to find USB hubs like the one I described on Amazon but they all seemed to be geared for laptops so the cord is only about a feet long.

Are these USB hubs a bad idea that they don't have them connected to desktops?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Sep 17, 2018

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Belkin introduces wireless USB hub

uh

• what long wires?

wow, you dont have to plug a really small thin piece of plastic into your laptop while roaming about...

dont they already make wireless adapters for these for much cheaper?

ok...so...

am i missing something here? almost 200 bucks for this???

Easy Rhino, Sep 17, 2018
  4. TIGR Win User

Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?

MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

Thema:

Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?

1. Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data? - Similar Threads - such thing USB

2. USB HUB Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB HUB Help: Good Day,I need help regards my Lenovo Ideapad-15iby.I am using a USB Hub to maximize ports I can use. But unfortunately, Every time I plug my Power / Charge my device. It "automatically" "disable" my USB HUB and anything connected to it.I would really appreciate some Answers...
  3. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  4. USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  5. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Hub not working: I have a new computer and a USB hub I used with my old computer is not being recognized not is any peripherals. I have done all the troubleshooting online with no success any suggestions?...
  6. Usb hub malfuntion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Usb hub malfuntion: my usb ports aren't working at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-hub-malfuntion/aeb61bc6-be6a-4421-b8a9-cd5c32b8efd6
  7. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  8. Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?

Is there such thing as a USB Hub for just data?: I looked on the internet and on Amazon and couldn't seem to find one for a Windows PC desktop. Maybe it goes by a different name. But, I'm looking for a USB hub that I can connect my keyboard, mouse, VOIP phone, and phone for data, all at once. I seemed to find USB hubs like...
  9. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...
  10. USB hub problem

USB hub problem: I bought a 7 port USB hub and when I plug a thumb drive into 1 of the ports, it seems to recognize it and will display the contents of my stored directories and files properly. Then, 5 minutes later Windows issues a message that the drive is no longer recognized. I found a...