Windows 10: is there updated info about fixing the windows 10 mail app that won't sync??? it is so...

Discus and support is there updated info about fixing the windows 10 mail app that won't sync??? it is so... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for the two years i have had this pc and win 10, the mail app has regularly stopped working and then just started working again later. now it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jay_280, Feb 23, 2019.

1. jay_280 Win User

is there updated info about fixing the windows 10 mail app that won't sync??? it is so...

for the two years i have had this pc and win 10, the mail app has regularly stopped working and then just started working again later. now it won't sync and says the account needs attention, but it will not sync after the requested attention--providing account password--is entered! I have been receiving notifications that "my account settings are out-of-date". thx for an answer.

:)

jay_280, Feb 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Nerkyator Win User
    Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

is there updated info about fixing the windows 10 mail app that won't sync??? it is so...

Windows 10 Mail app.

We appreciate your response. A Windows Update usually does not affect the settings of the accounts registered on the Mail application. To resolve sync issues in the Windows 10 Mail app, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this

link

Note: We suggest to follow the hierarchy of steps based on how they are listed on the link.

We look forward to an update on your concern.

Jelu Cal, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. is there updated info about fixing the windows 10 mail app that won't sync??? it is so... - Similar Threads - updated info fixing

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync

Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync: I have a Dell desktop PC that I bought approx 3 years ago. I have been running the Windows 10 Mail App on it since I first bought it. The App version is 16005.12827.20290.0 I use the app to access two separate Gmail accounts. Recently the app has stopped showing sent...
  5. Windows 10 Mail won't sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail won't sync: Whenever I try to sync Windows 10 Mail program, it seems to start okay but never ends. I have to close the Mail program and re-open it just to get syncing to stop. Can I solve the problem without reinstalling Mail?...
  6. Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!

Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!: Hey there, I cannot sync my email anymore in the Windows 10 Mail app. I am using mailbox.org set up in the mail app as an Exchange account. Worked perfectly fine until about 4 days ago. I can still sync my Gmail account, and separate folder in the mailbox.org account, I...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix

Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix: I'M SURE U ARE ALREADY SUPER FRUSTRATED LIKE I WAS AT THIS POINT...AFTER SEARCHING AND READING AND FAILED ATTEMPTS AT FIXING THIS SIMPLE ERROR..."NEED TO UPDATE/CHANGED PERMISSION TO ALLOW THIS DEVISE" SO AOL CAN SYNC TO WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP........ WELL....HERE IS THE SIMPLE...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox: I have added a Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app. The account shows when I go to Manage Accounts. But no matter what I do, the account does not show in the left pane. I cannot access or send any emails through this account from the app. I have changed the sync settings...
  9. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  10. Mail app won't auto sync

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't auto sync: My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails came through, it works. Apart from auto sync, I have it set to every 15 mins but it doesn't do it. If I launch the mail app...