Windows 10: IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...

Discus and support IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to modify the registry key so that non WHQL drivers should not install on windows 10 1809, If i try to install non WHQL device drivers. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 7, 2018.

1. IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...

I want to modify the registry key so that non WHQL drivers should not install on windows 10 1809,
    If i try to install non WHQL device drivers.

it must and should give errors or should give blocked messages.
    Please give the advice to block non WHQL device driver, while installing.
    I need help either from group policy or by registry key.

Thanks for reading my post

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 7, 2018

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Oct 7, 2018
  3. windows defender is blocked by group policy

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with Window Defender is blocked by Group policy on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “CJ. Eichholz” replied on November 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-policy/2df6fa16-b2b9-493c-94ea-91da98df687f

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 7, 2018
  4. IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...

Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...

1. IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL... - Similar Threads - MODIFY VIA GROUP

2. Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?: Why would you remove a feature that's been in every single version of Windows since forever?So the ads and data harvesting are becoming more invasive and aggressive, but features are sliding backward?What?...
  3. Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?: Why would you remove a feature that's been in every single version of Windows since forever?So the ads and data harvesting are becoming more invasive and aggressive, but features are sliding backward?What?...
  4. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  5. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  6. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys: I'm testing Windows Sandbox on my Dell XPS 9560. It mostly works, but the vGPU enable option would crash Sandbox, so I tried to inspect my settings, and found I don't HAVE any settings! What the....? In Group Policy (gpedit.msc), there is no Windows Sandbox folder in Computer...
  8. Disable Delivery Optimization via Group Policy or Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Delivery Optimization via Group Policy or Registry Editor in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Delivery Optimization is basically a client update service that uses both local and non-local […] This article Disable Delivery Optimization via Group Policy or Registry Editor in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy: Hacker acceded my computer remotely and changed my registry key using group policy. Malware is affecting exploerer and chrome as well as other apps. I can still log into my account but can't do much even though I am the administrator. I don't know what to do ?!?!...
  10. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

in Browsers and Email
    Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry: Hi all, I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge. The device is joined to the domain and I have found some registry settings, but it does not seem to work. Even though the registry settings have been applied....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install only whql drivers in registry

2. How to modify Regisry Keys to install a gpo