Windows 10: Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

Discus and support Is thia a virus taking over my computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today I log on to my computer and there's nothing I can do or load. I try loading any .exe and it doesn't grant me permission. I try fixing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HassanAl313, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

So today I log on to my computer and there's nothing I can do or load. I try loading any .exe and it doesn't grant me permission. I try fixing the issue by running programs as an administrator such as command prompt but then it gives me an error: this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. I try opening regedit, doesn't open. I go on safe mode and open regedit successfully and I check the values and they look good to me. the IsShortcut is even there too. I run a sfc scannow as admin on cmd in safe mode and it says all files are good. but once I'm back in normal mode, windows defender is off and I can't turn it back on, I can't even run a downloaded file such as an Antivirus program. nothing is opening except simple things like chrome, wordpad, etc. also another error I'm getting is:windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. nothing is working, someone please help!!!

:)

HassanAl313, Sep 23, 2018

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

1. Is thia a virus taking over my computer? - Similar Threads - thia virus taking

2. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  3. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  4. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device: My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was a 'MSN' contact number which my wife telephoned. They accessed my daughters laptop before I cancelled it. Are we in any...
  6. My computer taking over 3days to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer taking over 3days to upgrade to Windows 10: My computer is on its third day of installation and it is still not done and I have a test to study for next week. Why is my computer taking so long to install Windows 10?...
  7. why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?

why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?: why is it with all the antivirus and different windows programs on my pc a known virus such as "OptimumSearch" still able to hijack and control my browsers?...
  8. I'm tired of Microsoft taking over my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm tired of Microsoft taking over my computer.: The second you do anything, ANYTHING. You delete a system file? You're DONE. For something YOU PAID FOR. Your system gets either remotely taken over or automated process destroy everything. Why am I seeing unicast on my android devices coming from my desktop while I cant...
  9. OnDrive taking over my computer desktop????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OnDrive taking over my computer desktop????: I have had OneDrive on my computer for ever, and have never used it as I have other sources of storage. Just yesterday I received pop-ups, and e-mail, that my OneDrive was full and I either needed to delete or upgrade storage. Not sure what caused OneDrive to basically suck...
  10. Computer take over Scam

Computer take over Scam: Do NOT just uninstall ultraviewer.net. Restore to another date or you could try to uninstall the program in"safe mode". Restart computer and hit F8 till you get boot screen and boot to SAFE MODE. Owner of The Real McCoy Computer Service INC. Delaware. Next time don't be...