Windows 10: is this a domain

Discus and support is this a domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have to make a new topic because the other topic just stopped working, typical. [ATTACH] does it make sense i need to input my user name as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christophe Yorkshire, Apr 25, 2019.

1. is this a domain

i have to make a new topic because the other topic just stopped working, typical.

is this a domain e07d74d8-fcc6-4e05-a257-142c7ab9dea1?upload=true.png

does it make sense i need to input my user name as AzureAD/christopher with this setup?

:)

Christophe Yorkshire, Apr 25, 2019
  2. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Apr 25, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

is this a domain

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

is this a domain

1. is this a domain - Similar Threads - domain

2. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  3. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  4. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  5. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  6. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. adding legacy computers to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  8. adding legacy computers to a domain

adding legacy computers to a domain: We have approx 20 Mazak milling machines running either Win 95, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP. Since the beginning of the year I've not been able to re-add them back onto the domain functional level 2016. As they are old a hard drive replacement is often needed to keep them going...
  9. How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...: Is there a way for me to get my non-domain joined systems to be entra joined without having to touch each one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-non-domain-joined-in-use-systems-to-be/2b0a029e-dc98-41fe-acb8-d0eecc5dd3f1
  10. How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...

How to get non-domain joined in use systems to be entra joined without having to touch the...: Is there a way for me to get my non-domain joined systems to be entra joined without having to touch each one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-non-domain-joined-in-use-systems-to-be/2b0a029e-dc98-41fe-acb8-d0eecc5dd3f1