Windows 10: is this a driver problem or something else

Discus and support is this a driver problem or something else in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boot scoot, Apr 28, 2019.

1. is this a driver problem or something else

After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is there a solution?

:)

boot scoot, Apr 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 28, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Apr 28, 2019
  4. dmccoy Win User

is this a driver problem or something else

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

is this a driver problem or something else

1. is this a driver problem or something else - Similar Threads - driver problem something

2. False positive? Or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False positive? Or something else?: I made the mistake of downloading something that had this virus, and I deleted the files within the folders that were affected by it originally It was a .Zip I extracted, if that matters and re-scanned my computer using Microsoft Defender Antivirus The default one and it said...
  3. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  4. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  5. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Writing DVDs: Problem with Blank DVDs or something else?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Writing DVDs: Problem with Blank DVDs or something else?: I am archiving files to DVD, on Windows 10 & a Lenovo Z51, using an external DVD writer. Windows is up to date. My laptop shows the DVD writer in Device Manager & Disk Manager. However, it doesn't show-up as a drive in Windows Explorer or Imgburn. I am using 5 year old...
  7. Corrupt files or something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupt files or something else?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/keyzeyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8p9e3/corrupt_files_or_something_else/
  8. Bad CPU or Something Else???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad CPU or Something Else???: Hi all, I am having this issue with an old PC that I was trying to resurrect as an "Internet Browsing/Youtube" computer for our house guest and the specs of the PC is Intel Core 2 X6800 + Asus P5Q (Latest BIOS 2209) + 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro (1909)...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??: Okay, so for a month or so now I’ve been having “rendering device lost”errors on a game called Overwatch. Through help I got on the Overwatch tech forums, and event viewer, it appears as if my display drivers and possibly my sound drivers are causing the issue. I’ve done a...
  10. Hacking Attack ? or something else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacking Attack ? or something else: Yesterday my machine crashed and rebooted , when I investigated the Minidump I read a message in it "This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack and the system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it." It also mentions...