Windows 10: Is this a Fake Email?

Discus and support Is this a Fake Email? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I confirm receiving a phishing email supposedly from Microsoft? Is there someone at Microsoft that I can forward the email for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EllenRoubicek, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Is this a Fake Email?

How do I confirm receiving a phishing email supposedly from Microsoft? Is there someone at Microsoft that I can forward the email for confirmation?[Original Title: Fake Email]

:)

EllenRoubicek, Sep 15, 2021
  2. JohnKW1 Win User

fake windows email

sorry if this is a repeat but is an email from domain engage.windows.com real or fake?

thanks

JohnKW1, Sep 15, 2021
  3. How to disable fake surveys offerring "discounted" offers as prizes

Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:30 PM

To: 'Microsoft Community'

Subject: RE: Question has reply: how to disable fake surveys offering "discounted" offers as prizes

Thank you for your reply.

I am still lost but here goes:

• Only known “change” was starting to use Edge browser (which came with new Asus in May) in addition to Firefox. No earlier problem with new or old PC prior to late June.

• New PC came with Kaspersky with which I am uncertain after the contract period.

• Ads appear when opening email messages ( which are genuine) and must be deleted before continuing with the email. Sites are those I have visited for years.

• Below are samples of the ads and where possible their urls

• Only steps taken are to seek help and direct profanity toward whomever sends this trash

Any suggestions welcomed and thank you,

John Shiels

JOHNSHIELS, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Is this a Fake Email?

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Is this a Fake Email?

1. Is this a Fake Email? - Similar Threads - Fake Email

2. Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get...: Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get this account shut down?They posted a listing on homes.com, saying that they were me & had land they wanted to sell. They used the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get...: Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get this account shut down?They posted a listing on homes.com, saying that they were me & had land they wanted to sell. They used the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Someone has set up a fake outlook email address and is pretending to be me. How can I get...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fake Ransomware Email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake Ransomware Email?: Hi, My Name is Hudson, and I recently got an email from Microsoft saying signs of ransomware have been detected but I Don't know if this is legit or not. I have had this same problem Before, and it was not real, but I do not know if it is real, or not so can someone help...
  6. Fake Ransomware Email?

Fake Ransomware Email?: Hi, My Name is Hudson, and I recently got an email from Microsoft saying signs of ransomware have been detected but I Don't know if this is legit or not. I have had this same problem Before, and it was not real, but I do not know if it is real, or not so can someone help...
  7. Distinguish official email from professional fake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distinguish official email from professional fake: How do you identify an official email from a fake one?Many sites have their email domain not exactly the name of their site, for example redditmail or some other very complicated ones, while you know it belongs to them because, for example, you sent me an email to change the...
  8. Distinguish official email from professional fake

Distinguish official email from professional fake: How do you identify an official email from a fake one?Many sites have their email domain not exactly the name of their site, for example redditmail or some other very complicated ones, while you know it belongs to them because, for example, you sent me an email to change the...
  9. Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?: I received an email thanking me for "renewal of services" for Microsoft Defender Protection. It states that I will be charged $399 for a year subscription. Is there a charge for Defender? I DID NOT order this. Is it a scam???It states: "...to cancel subscription please...
  10. fake microsoft email

fake microsoft email: i received a fake microsoft email saying i need to renew windows defender is the an email address that i should forward it to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-microsoft-email/be790077-b03a-4b3c-8b3e-018c5fb97e39