Windows 10: Is this a genuine Microsoft approach / service?

Discus and support Is this a genuine Microsoft approach / service? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking for assistance with an Outlook query whilst going through the Mocrosoft site. The offer to access remotely popped up which i accepted.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RW2147, May 22, 2020.

1. RW2147 Win User

Is this a genuine Microsoft approach / service?

I was looking for assistance with an Outlook query whilst going through the Mocrosoft site. The offer to access remotely popped up which i accepted. This opened up a tab unsure whether Microsoft supported or not brower mntioned,,123 but cant remember exact path, there was issues getting access and no help provided but am concerned despite going through Microsoft links it may be a rogue firm who breached my machine. Please advise any help

:)

RW2147, May 22, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2020
  4. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Is this a genuine Microsoft approach / service? - Similar Threads - genuine Microsoft approach

2. Idiotic Approach by Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idiotic Approach by Microsoft: It is to inform you that billions of windows users are facing an issue of RAM consumption via antimalware service executable since 2015/16 .Why on earth are u guys not solving it Why should we disable it and why allow 3rd party Antiviruses !!!Go to hell Microsoft!!!!...
  3. Idiotic Approach by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idiotic Approach by Microsoft: It is to inform you that billions of windows users are facing an issue of RAM consumption via antimalware service executable since 2015/16 .Why on earth are u guys not solving it Why should we disable it and why allow 3rd party Antiviruses !!!Go to hell Microsoft!!!!...
  4. Idiotic Approach by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. different repair approaches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different repair approaches: Good day. I was wondering if someone could explain if there is a difference between repairing a Windows 10 installation using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess or an in-place upgrade using the same ISO file. Thank you...
  6. Genuine Microsoft Number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Genuine Microsoft Number?: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was getting help for my PC, and I clicked through the Get Help app, and it said that Microsoft was currently having a backlog, so I selected the option "call me back". So, a few minutes later, I get a call from + 4 4 0 3...
  7. KO Approach

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KO Approach: Any software for windows that is like KO Approach. Either in the context menu like in KO or in any other way? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1kgue/ko_approach/
  8. best Approach..

in Windows 10 Support
    best Approach..: Hello, I have 2 working pc. A w 7, a w10 version. The w 10 pc is for vr. I got dogs, have not turned on w 10 pc almost a year. W 7 pc works great but....... W 10 ver is around 17xxx build. Its on an SSD. I have been seeing where w10 updates have been hell all year long. too...
  9. Microsoft email received - is it genuine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft email received - is it genuine?: I have received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - subject 'Your computer's security is our priority', it contains links but Microsoft say in their policy that they will not send emails with links? Is this email genuine, it looks it? How does one...
  10. An update on Microsoft’s approach to Do Not Track

in Windows 10 News
    An update on Microsoft’s approach to Do Not Track: As industry standards evolve, how we implement those standards evolve as well. So to reflect the current requirements of the privacy standard for tracking preferences, Microsoft is changing how Do Not Track (DNT) is implemented in future versions of our browsers: We will no...