Windows 10: Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?

Discus and support Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got this email today with a chinese ? message. Is it legit? I got a little scared. What should I do? Microsoft cr***** cr***** Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cristian_pl, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?

I got this email today with a chinese ? message. Is it legit? I got a little scared. What should I do?

Microsoft cr*****

cr*****

Microsoft cr*****

translation google:

Safety information replacement

Someone started a process to replace all security information for the Microsoft account cr *****.

If it's you, click the button below to skip the waiting period using your existing security information.

It's me

If it's not you, it means someone is trying to use cr *****. Click here and we will help you secure this account.

If you don't recognize the Microsoft account cr *****, you can click here to delete your email address from that account.

Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised? 598f6b03-1431-429f-8805-c579a34d586d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cristian_pl, Jan 29, 2020

2. Email Compromised

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

I am very sorry to hear that your account has been compromised.

Please follow all steps in the Microsoft Compromised Account solution in order to protect your account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10494/...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Jan 29, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?

microsoft account compromised

today I got email that my account may have been compromised then I saw my recent activity at 3.10am there was an attempt to sign in from usa and chile country on the right side it was written sign in failed it means anyone can compromise my account right?
    where do they got my email?

tushar_gamer, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?

1. Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised? - Similar Threads - legit Microsoft email

2. Microsoft Email Legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Email Legit?: Hi,Is this email address actually from Microsoft: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was about changes to photo storage on OneDrive accounts that go into effect on 10/16/23. There are a few links in the message with directions to reduce storage. The email went to my...
  3. Microsoft Email Legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Email Legit?: Hi,Is this email address actually from Microsoft: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was about changes to photo storage on OneDrive accounts that go into effect on 10/16/23. There are a few links in the message with directions to reduce storage. The email went to my...
  4. Windows Email Account Compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Email Account Compromised: Hi,unfortunately my Windows account email has been compromised.The intruder was able to change the email and the password of the account, thus locking me out. Microsoft offers a manual procedure to recover access, but despite entering all the info that I can the team does not...
  5. Windows Email Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Email Account Compromised: Hi,unfortunately my Windows account email has been compromised.The intruder was able to change the email and the password of the account, thus locking me out. Microsoft offers a manual procedure to recover access, but despite entering all the info that I can the team does not...
  6. Windows Email Account Compromised

7. legit microsoft email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legit microsoft email: I just recently activated my windows. I recieved an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with my Microsoft verification code. The case number was 1032149742. Everything went well. I was just wondering, if this email address was legit, was really from...
  8. legit microsoft email

legit microsoft email: I just recently activated my windows. I recieved an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with my Microsoft verification code. The case number was 1032149742. Everything went well. I was just wondering, if this email address was legit, was really from...
  9. legit microsoft email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. My Microsoft Account is compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft Account is compromised: My Microsoft Account is compromised. Recently I have found out that somebody is trying to access my data. This person created a Microsoft account on another computer and is tracking my moves using browsing history. Please suggest a way to delete all my accounts and log-ins...