Windows 10: is this a legit request

Discus and support is this a legit request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; receiving a message on my email saying the following: Sign in to continue to windows To continue, Google will share your name, address, language... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LarryKeath, Nov 22, 2019.

1. is this a legit request

receiving a message on my email saying the following:

Sign in to continue to windows

To continue, Google will share your name, address, language preference and profile picture with windows etc

will not let me continue unless X out this message

is this a legitimate windows request?

thanks

:)

LarryKeath, Nov 22, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 22, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

4. titan5800 Win User

is this a legit request

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

is this a legit request

1. is this a legit request - Similar Threads - legit request

2. Is Logan Adams MCSF 42b44 is a legit Microsoft employee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Logan Adams MCSF 42b44 is a legit Microsoft employee?: Norton ALWAYS directs me away from suspicious websites. However, today I reached a site that told me my computer was locked up and I could not turn it off or even use it, which I could not, and had to call the number on the screen which was 1-888-486-7709. Is this legit?...
  3. Is Logan Adams MCSF 42b44 is a legit Microsoft employee?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Logan Adams MCSF 42b44 is a legit Microsoft employee?: Norton ALWAYS directs me away from suspicious websites. However, today I reached a site that told me my computer was locked up and I could not turn it off or even use it, which I could not, and had to call the number on the screen which was 1-888-486-7709. Is this legit?...
  4. Is Logan Adams MCSF 42b44 is a legit Microsoft employee?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  6. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  7. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  9. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  10. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...