Windows 10: Is this a legit security warning?

Discus and support Is this a legit security warning? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :- I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pegasus416, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Is this a legit security warning?

Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :-

I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>
    and am not sure of it is legit. I haven't been able to find info on this, nor can I find a telephone number for Microsoft Security to check this. I am able to login to my Microsoft account. I have replaced my personal info in the email message below with xxxxxx

Stating:

Security info replacement

Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft accountxxxxxxxx

If this was you, click the button below to bypass the waiting period by using your existing security info.

This was me

If this wasn't you, someone else might be trying to take overxxxxxx Click here and we'll help you protect this account.

If you don't recognize the Microsoft account xxxxxxxx, you canclick here to remove your email address from that account.

Thanks,

The Microsoft account team

:)

pegasus416, Jul 23, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 31, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 31, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

Is this a legit security warning?

Is this legit ?

Just got this e-mail ostensibly from Google.

Is this a legit security warning? [​IMG]

I didn't try to log in from any other device.

Is this a legit security warning? [​IMG]

CountMike, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Is this a legit security warning?

1. Is this a legit security warning? - Similar Threads - legit security warning

2. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  3. 10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings: Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1903. I have run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth MANY MANY times, including an hour ago. I KEEP getting a GAZILLION sets of four or more Event Viewer 10016 Warnings together about The application-specific permission...
  4. I got a system Warning! pop up see screen shot below. Is this warning legit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got a system Warning! pop up see screen shot below. Is this warning legit?: Is this warning legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-system-warning-pop-up-see-screen-shot/8bc1caa8-2b53-46e2-9e0a-5e96846f4f7a
  5. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  6. Understanding Security Warnings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding Security Warnings: Apologies, this is a Win XP question (but I don't know a good XP place to ask) and it may be valid for Win 10 Someone sent me some zipped up mp3's via "FileFactory". I have them and all's fine - except as I do stuff with them I was getting "Open File Security Warning". I've...
  7. IE Security Certificate Warning

in Browsers and Email
    IE Security Certificate Warning: My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I look at it and open it in FF; not a problem. Is IE being overzealous My AVG Internet Security and MWB Premium do not...
  8. Getting this security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting this security warning: As of today 9/10/16 when i open Edge Browser I get this warning: [img] I have done a full system scan with Avira and Malwarebytes which found no threats, It comes up with a beeping sound and i have to click backwards to get back to my home page. I ran Spybot S&D and it...
  9. HTTP security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HTTP security warning: For some time now when I log into some websites using username/password fields , entered using autifill from browser's password manager , I get 'this connection is not secure passwords could be compromised'. I searched for some help and understand it is an issue where a site...
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513